Elea Suites: Crete's Hidden Paradise Awaits!

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites: Crete's Hidden Paradise Awaits!

Elea Suites: Crete, You Had Me at "Hidden Paradise" (and Free Wi-Fi, Duh!) - A REALLY Honest Review.

Okay, so let's be real. Crete. It's on the bucket list, right? Turquoise water, ancient ruins, food that'll make you weep with joy… But finding the right place to stay? That can be a minefield. Enter Elea Suites. They promise a "Hidden Paradise," so I went, armed with my cynical travel-writer brain and a suitcase full of sunscreen. Here's the lowdown, messy bits and all.

First, the Basics (Because You Gotta Know):

  • Accessibility: Alright, look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did see elevators and assumed that means they're trying. (Facilities for disabled guests) That's a good start, but I can't give a full accessibility rating without, you know, actually needing it. Elevator: Yes!
  • Internet (Because We're All Addicted): Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it actually works. I mean, I streamed a whole season of something (don't judge) without buffering. There's also Internet [LAN] if you're into that old-school thing. Internet services are available, naturally. And Wi-Fi in public areas. So, yeah, you're covered.
  • Cleanliness and Safety (Because, Post-Pandemic, It Matters): Okay, this is where Elea Suites actually SHINES. The Anti-viral cleaning products were a relief. They've got Daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer everywhere. They've got Hygiene certification, which is reassuring. They even let you Room sanitization opt-out available if you want to feel like you're in control. (I didn't, I'm lazy). The staff are clearly trained in safety protocol. They’ve got Sterilizing equipment. Rooms sanitized between stays. Safe dining setup. And the best part: Staff trained in safety protocol. It felt genuinely safe, not just lip service.
  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Because, Food!): Ah, the good stuff. Let's break it down:
    • Restaurants: There are restaurants. Plural. They're called "restaurants."
    • Breakfast: Breakfast [buffet] is a must. Asian breakfast options were a nice surprise. Western breakfast options were also available. Good selection and they even do Breakfast takeaway service which is great for early mornings.
    • Other Food: They've got A la carte in restaurant. Buffet in restaurant. Coffee/tea in restaurant. Desserts in restaurant. Salad in restaurant. Soup in restaurant. Vegetarian restaurant. Asian cuisine in restaurant. International cuisine in restaurant.
    • Drinks: Bar, Poolside bar, Happy hour. They have Bottle of water.
    • Room Service: Room service [24-hour] - need I say more?
    • Snacks: Snack bar
    • Alternative meal arrangement
    • Coffee shop
  • Services and Conveniences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier):
    • Air conditioning in public area - essential in Crete!
    • Cash withdrawal - helpful.
    • Concierge - actually helpful.
    • Contactless check-in/out - smooth.
    • Currency exchange - handy.
    • Daily housekeeping - bless them.
    • Doorman - fancy.
    • Dry cleaning - because wrinkles are the enemy.
    • Facilities for disabled guests
    • Food delivery - because sometimes you just want pizza in bed.
    • Gift/souvenir shop - impulse buys, here I come!
    • Invoice provided
    • Ironing service - again, wrinkles.
    • Laundry service - useful.
    • Luggage storage - a lifesaver.
    • Meeting/banquet facilities - fine, if you MUST.
    • On-site event hosting - weddings, anyone?
    • Safety deposit boxes - important.
    • Smoking area - for the smokers, I guess.
    • Terrace - lovely.
    • Xerox/fax in business center - if you're still into that.
  • For the Kids (If You're into That):
    • Babysitting service - peace and quiet!
    • Family/child friendly - seems it!
    • Kids facilities - I didn't see any, so maybe not that geared up.
    • Kids meal - probably.
  • Getting Around (Because You'll Want to Explore):
    • Airport transfer - yes!
    • Bicycle parking - if you're into that.
    • Car park [free of charge] - always a bonus.
    • Car park [on-site] - more parking!
    • Taxi service - easy.
    • Valet parking - extra fancy.

The "Things to Do" (Beyond Just Lounging by the Pool):

  • Ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. Oh, the spa. Let's talk about the spa.
  • Fitness: Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Sauna, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
  • Pool with view - yes!

Now, Let's Get Personal (Because That's What Matters):

Okay, so the website shows these pristine, minimalist rooms. And, yeah, they are nice. (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.) But here’s the thing that the photos don't capture: the feeling. I’m not kidding, I'm not a pool person, I hate being in a bikini (even though I'm comfortable with my body), and I still spent a solid afternoon by the pool. Pool with view, remember. The water was the PERFECT temperature, the sun was warm, the staff brought me a cocktail before I even asked (okay, maybe I looked thirsty), and I just… relaxed. Like, properly relaxed. I actually read a book (shocking, I know). And the view… oh, the view. It's not just a pool; it's an experience.

My "OMG, This is Amazing" Moment:

Okay, so I'm a sucker for a good massage. I booked one at the spa. And, friends, it was life-changing. I mean, I've had massages before, but this one… This one was a symphony of relaxation. I walked in a tightly wound ball of stress, and I walked out feeling like a jellyfish. The masseuse was amazing, the oils smelled heavenly, and I swear I could feel my muscles unraveling. I’m not sure if it was the Body scrub or the Body wrap (or both!), but I walked out feeling like a new person. I might have even shed a tear. Don't judge. It was that good.

The Tiny Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect):

  • The coffee in the room could be better. (I’m a coffee snob, sue me.)
  • The walk to the beach isn’t right there. It's a short drive, but not a stroll.
  • The pillows were slightly too firm for my taste.

The Verdict:

Elea Suites? It's not just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place where you can actually disconnect (or, you know, stream Netflix) and reconnect with yourself. It's clean, safe, beautiful, and the staff are genuinely lovely. It’s a "Hidden Paradise" that actually lives up to the hype.

**Final Rating: 4.

Unbelievable Hotel Dell'Arpa: Viggiano, Italy's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Elea Suites adventure in Crete. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs – this is the real, unfiltered, slightly-sunburnt truth. And trust me, it's a wild ride.

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Olive Oil Debacle

  • Morning (ish): Landed at Heraklion Airport. Already regretting that second mimosa on the plane. The heat hits you like a wall. Seriously, I think my eyeballs started sweating. Finding the transfer was a bit of a comedy show. Picture this: me, flailing around with my oversized suitcase, muttering about "Greek efficiency" (irony fully intended). Finally, found the guy, a lovely, slightly-scruffy Cretan with more charm than sense.
  • Afternoon: Arrived at Elea Suites. Sigh. The view. Oh. My. God. That turquoise water… it's enough to make you weep. The suite itself? Stunning. Seriously, I felt like a queen. Put on my bikini (which I promptly realized was a size too small after the airplane food incident) and collapsed on the balcony.
  • Late Afternoon: Decided to be proactive and attempt to locate the all-important olive oil. Elea Suites boasts its own, and I was determined to sample it. I found the "boutique" (read: tiny shop) and the lovely woman behind the counter poured me a taste. "Magnifico!" she exclaimed. I choked. It was intense. Like, a slap in the face of olive-y goodness. I bought a bottle anyway, mostly because I felt guilty. This whole "high-end travel" thing is making me feel like a fraud.
  • Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered the lamb. Incredible. But, and this is a big but, I swear the waiter kept staring at my sunburn. Maybe I should have skipped the bikini tan. Also, the wine list was longer than my arm. I may have overindulged. Let's just say I woke up with a slight headache and a deep, abiding love for Cretan lamb.

Day 2: Knossos, Catastrophe, and a Near-Drowning Experience

  • Morning: Knossos. The Minoan Palace. Okay, history nerds, brace yourselves. This place is mind-blowing. The sheer scale of it, the colors, the stories… it's like stepping back in time. I spent ages wandering around, imagining what life was like. The only problem? The heat. And the crowds. And the fact that I got separated from my tour group. I’m pretty sure I saw a ghost of a Minoan king glare at me for my lack of historical knowledge.
  • Afternoon: Beach time! Found a secluded cove, finally. Bliss. The water was crystal clear, and I thought I'd found paradise. Until… I got too cocky. Decided to swim out a bit further. Suddenly, a rogue wave. I was dragged under. Panic. Absolute, utter panic. Managed to doggy paddle back to shore, coughing up seawater and vowing to stick to paddling pools from now on. Note to self: Crete's beauty can also be murderous.
  • Late Afternoon: Back at the suite, nursing my near-drowning experience with copious amounts of water. I was shaking, but also exhilarated. The olive oil tasted like pure ambrosia. I'm starting to think I might be falling in love with this place.
  • Evening: Dinner at a taverna in a nearby village. Absolutely authentic. The food was simple, fresh, and delicious. The locals were friendly. I even managed to learn a few Greek phrases (mostly involving "more wine"). The atmosphere was buzzing, and the only thing missing was a ukulele and a tiny hat, but it was perfect.

Day 3: The Samaria Gorge, or, How I Became a Walking Zombie

  • Morning: The Samaria Gorge hike. Now, I am not an outdoorsy person. I am a person who enjoys air conditioning and a good book. But, I was told this was a "must-do." So, against my better judgement, I signed up.
  • Daytime: The hike itself was beautiful. Truly. The scenery was stunning. The problem? It was long. And uphill. And downhill. And hot. My legs felt like lead. My lungs were screaming. At one point, I considered feigning a heart attack just to get a helicopter ride out. I witnessed several people crying. One poor soul was wearing flip-flops. I'm not sure what's worse, the hike itself or the fact that I didn't pack enough water.
  • Afternoon: Finally, FINALLY, reached the end. Collapsed on a beach, utterly defeated. My feet were throbbing. My clothes were soaked in sweat. But I'd done it. I'd conquered the gorge. I felt a strange sense of accomplishment, mixed with the overwhelming urge to eat an entire pizza.
  • Evening: Back at Elea Suites, I could barely move. Ordered room service and promptly fell asleep, fully clothed. The olive oil bottle remained unopened. I was too exhausted to even contemplate it.

Day 4: Rethymno & The Search for the Perfect Souvenir

  • Morning: Drove to Rethymno. A charming Venetian town. Wandered the narrow streets, soaked up the atmosphere, and pretended to be a sophisticated traveler.
  • Afternoon: The hunt for the perfect souvenir began. I wanted something authentic, something unique, something… that didn't scream "tourist trap." I spent hours browsing shops. Found some lovely pottery, but also some truly horrific items. I almost bought a miniature statue of Zeus riding a unicorn. I'm not even kidding.
  • Late Afternoon: Victory! Found a beautiful, hand-painted ceramic plate. It's not practical, it's probably overpriced, but I love it.
  • Evening: Farewell dinner at the hotel. Ordered the seafood. Delicious, but I'm starting to miss the lamb. The sunset was spectacular. And, despite the sunburn, the near-drowning experience, and the Samaria Gorge, I realized that I didn't want to leave. Crete had gotten under my skin.

Day 5: Departure (and a Final Olive Oil Revelation)

  • Morning: Packing. Always a stressful experience. Realized I'd bought way too much stuff. Had to strategically distribute souvenirs to avoid exceeding the luggage weight limit.
  • Afternoon: Final swim in the turquoise water. One last gaze at the stunning view. One last deep breath of the Cretan air. Visited the boutique again. The lovely woman poured me another taste of the olive oil. This time, I didn't choke. I actually enjoyed it. Maybe I'm finally becoming a Cretan convert.
  • Departure: Flew home, slightly sunburnt, utterly exhausted, and completely in love with Crete. I'm already planning my return. And next time, I'm bringing a ukulele. And a bigger suitcase. And maybe a life raft. And definitely more sunscreen.
  • Post-Trip Thoughts: Crete is a paradox. It's beautiful and brutal, chaotic and calming, and utterly unforgettable. It's a place that will challenge you, delight you, and leave you wanting more. And that, my friends, is the true measure of a perfect trip. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find that ceramic plate. And maybe a little more olive oil.
Ace Hotel Batam: Your Indonesian Island Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Okay, Elea Suites... Crete's Hidden Paradise? Sounds...fancy. Is it *actually* paradise, or just, you know, *nice*?

Alright, let's be real. Paradise is a strong word. But Elea Suites? It comes pretty darn close, especially after you've wrestled with a week of emails and screaming kids. Think of it like this: you're expecting a beautifully decorated hotel room, right? Nope. You're getting a *suite*. And not just any suite. One where, if you're lucky enough to get the one I did (the one with the private plunge pool… *swoon*), you might actually weep a little when you see it. I swear, I almost lost it. Tears! Then I spilled a bit of my welcome drink – a perfectly crafted something-or-other with citrus and, I think, a hint of regret for all the times I'd said "yes" to things I definitely didn't want to do. That plunge pool? Pure, unadulterated bliss. So, is it paradise? Depends on your definition. If your definition includes being able to float in turquoise water while overlooking a view that looks like it was ripped straight from a postcard, then, yeah. Paradise. Basically.

What's this "hidden" part all about? Are we talking secret bunkers? Spy stuff?

No bunkers, sadly. Although… a secret bunker with a stocked bar *would* be amazing. The "hidden" part is more about its location. It’s not in the super-touristy, crowded areas. You're in this gorgeous, almost untouched part of Crete. It felt… authentic. Less "tourist trap," more… well, Crete. You know? The real deal. Finding it, the first time, was a bit of an adventure. GPS led me astray, of course. I ended up on a dirt track, convinced I was about to drive off a cliff. My husband, bless his soul, just kept saying, "It's got to be around here somewhere…" He's always optimistic. Eventually, we saw the sign, and the relief was… *chef's kiss*. That feeling of, "Okay, finally! I can relax now." Pure gold.

The food! Tell me about the food! Because, honestly, food can make or break a vacation.

Oh, the food. Prepare to loosen your belt. And maybe your inhibitions. The breakfasts… oh, the breakfasts. Freshly squeezed orange juice, that's a given. But then there's the Greek yogurt with local honey (seriously, the best I've ever had), fresh fruit, flaky pastries that practically melt in your mouth… I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. And the dinners! The taverna, just a short walk away, was a revelation. Fresh seafood, grilled to perfection. I had the octopus one night, and it was… well, let's just say I'm still dreaming about it. And the wine! Local, delicious, and poured with a generosity that I, a very generous soul myself, wholeheartedly approved of. One night, I may have had a *few* too many glasses. Let's just say the sunrise the next morning was… particularly vibrant. Worth it, though. Absolutely worth it.

Are there activities? Beyond just, you know, existing in beautiful surroundings? Because I can only stare at a pool for so long. (Or can I?)

You *can* stare at the pool for a long time. Trust me, I spent a good chunk of my vacation doing just that. But yes, there are activities! They offer boat trips. We did one, and it was… well, it was *amazing*. The water was crystal clear, the views were stunning, and we even saw dolphins! Dolphins! It was like something out of a movie. Then there's hiking, exploring local villages (definitely do that!), and, of course, more eating. Seriously, you'll eat your weight in feta cheese. And you won't regret it. We rented a car, which I highly recommend. Made exploring super easy. Though, be warned, those Cretan roads… they’re a bit… *spirited*. I may or may not have screamed at a goat. No regrets.

The staff? Are they friendly? Because a grumpy staff can ruin everything.

The staff? Oh, they're wonderful. Genuinely friendly, helpful, and they seemed to genuinely *care* that you were having a good time. It wasn't that fake, overly polished hotel service. It felt… real. Like you were staying with friends (who also happened to run a ridiculously beautiful hotel). They remembered our names, our drink orders, and even our preferred sunbed spot. One of the guys, Dimitri, he was a gem. Always ready with a smile and a recommendation for the best places to eat. He even helped us with our rental car when we, ahem, accidentally locked the keys inside. (Don't judge. It was hot, and I was distracted by a particularly stunning view.) They are like family. That is the feeling I felt. The feeling of being cared for. That's what made it truly special.

What are the downsides? Gotta be *something*, right?

Okay, fine. There are *some* minor drawbacks. The Wi-Fi wasn't always the strongest (but honestly, that's a blessing in disguise, right?). The beach is a bit of a drive (but the views on the way are spectacular, so, again, not a huge problem). And… well, leaving. Leaving was the hardest thing. Seriously. I almost cried again. Packing up, saying goodbye to that plunge pool, knowing I had to go back to reality… it was brutal. The only real downside? That the vacation had to end. And that I'm not there *right now*. Oh, and maybe the fact that I'm now completely and utterly spoiled for any other vacation. Thanks, Elea Suites. Seriously, thanks a lot.

So, should I go? Be honest.

Go. Just go. Seriously. Book it now. Don't even think about it. My husband, who is a total cheapskate, even said it was worth every penny. And trust me, that's saying something. My advice? Book the suite with the plunge pool. You won't regret it. Actually, you might regret *not* doing it. You'll come back a changed person. Sun-kissed, relaxed, and probably a few pounds heavier (worth it!). You’ll be dreaming of that food, that view, that feeling of pure, unadulterated bliss. And you'll be planning your return trip before you even get on the plane home. Just… go. And tell Dimitri I said hi.

Hotels With Balconys

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece

Elea Suites Crete Island Greece