Unbelievable St. Louis Views: Drury Plaza Arch Hotel Review!

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Unbelievable St. Louis Views: Drury Plaza Arch Hotel Review!

Unbelievable St. Louis Views: Drury Plaza Arch Hotel Review! (Brace Yourselves…)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (or, you know, the complimentary coffee) on the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel in St. Louis. And let me tell you, it's a lot. This isn't just a review; it's a… well, it's a journey. Think of it as a slightly unhinged travelogue sprinkled with glitter and existential dread (kidding! Mostly).

First, the SEO Stuff (Because, You Know, Gotta Get Found):

This review is all about the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel in St. Louis. We're talking accessibility, wheelchair accessible rooms, free Wi-Fi, amazing views, indoor pool, free breakfast, and a whole lotta other stuff. We'll cover cleanliness and safety (because, pandemic times), dining options (are the ribs really worth it?), and all the services and conveniences you could possibly need. Consider this your one-stop shop for everything Drury Plaza Arch Hotel.

Arrival and First Impressions (Or, "Did I Pack Enough Snacks?")

The first thing that hits you is the sheer size of the place. It's massive. Seriously, you could probably get lost in the lobby alone. Thankfully, they've got elevators, which is a HUGE win for someone like me who’s generally terrified of stairs. The accessibility seemed pretty solid overall. I saw wheelchair accessible entrances and, while I didn't personally need one, the whole vibe felt geared towards accommodating everyone. They also offer facilities for disabled guests.

Check-in? Smooth as Butter (Unless You're Me)

The check-in/out [express] option is a lifesaver, especially after a long drive. The front desk [24-hour] is a definite plus, because let's be honest, travel schedules are weird. I even think I saw a friendly face at like, 3 AM. Crazy! The concierge was helpful with directions, and the luggage storage came in handy before I could check into my room.

Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Complimentary (Seriously, Free Snacks!)

Okay, the rooms. They're… nice. Really, really nice. I sprung for a room with a view, and let me tell you, the view of the Arch was unbelievable. Like, jaw-dropping. I spent a solid hour just staring out the window. The window that opens was a nice touch, letting in fresh air (and the faint sound of the city, which I actually loved).

Inside, you’ve got all the usual suspects: a desk, a coffee/tea maker (essential!), an in-room safe box, and a refrigerator (for all those snacks I mentioned earlier, of course). Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double check. Free Wi-Fi? Triple check. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a major selling point, obviously. Internet access – wireless worked flawlessly, and I even think there was Internet access – LAN, though I didn't actually use it.

Now, for the imperfections… the carpet. I'm not a huge fan of carpet in general, but it was clean and well-maintained, so no huge complaints. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with toiletries. I didn't have a bathtub, only a shower, which was fine by me. And the slippers! I love those.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Edition (Because, Let's Be Real)

This is where Drury really shines. They're taking this seriously. I saw evidence of daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff seemed super vigilant about hand sanitizer stations everywhere. The room was sanitized between stays, and I even saw a sign saying they use anti-viral cleaning products. They’ve got smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, and it all made me feel a lot more comfortable about traveling during these… interesting times. There's even a doctor/nurse on call!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Drury's Secret Weapon (Free Food, People!)

Okay, let's talk about the food. This is where Drury really wins. Breakfast [buffet] is included, and it's a good breakfast. Think waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries… the works. They also had Asian breakfast options, which was a nice surprise. You can get coffee/tea in restaurant, and there's even a coffee shop if you need a caffeine pick-me-up.

But wait, there's more! They have a bar, a poolside bar, and a snack bar. And the best part? The happy hour! Seriously, free drinks and snacks every evening. I may or may not have taken full advantage of this… The restaurants themselves offer a variety of options, with Western cuisine in restaurant, and maybe even a hint of Asian cuisine in restaurant. I didn't try the soup in restaurant or the salad in restaurant, but the options were there. They even do room service [24-hour]!

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Pool Vibes and Maybe a Spa Day (If You're Feeling Fancy)

This is where the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel really shines. The swimming pool [outdoor] is a great place to relax, and the swimming pool is even better. Honestly, the pool with view is just chef’s kiss. There’s also a fitness center if you're feeling guilty about all the free food. I, personally, did not make it to the gym. There is a Spa, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom which means there will be some much needed massage!

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference

Drury really thinks of everything. They have a convenience store, a gift/souvenir shop, and a laundry service. There’s a dry cleaning service, too. They offer daily housekeeping, which is a godsend. They even have cash withdrawal! The elevator is a lifesaver, especially with all my luggage. There's also a car park [free of charge] and a car park [on-site].

The Slightly Messy Bits (Because Life Isn't Perfect)

Okay, here’s where I get a little… real. The internet access (Wi-Fi) was a little patchy at times, especially during peak hours. The hair dryer in my room was a bit weak, but hey, I survived. And while the staff was generally amazing, sometimes the lines at the free buffet were a little… long. Also, I didn’t spot any pets allowed signs, so if you're traveling with your furry friend, double-check before you book!

The Emotional Takeaway (Because, Seriously, How Did I Feel?)

Overall? I loved it. Really, truly loved it. The unbelievable views of the Arch, the free food and drinks, the comfortable rooms, and the friendly staff… it all added up to a fantastic experience. It's a great option for families as well. They do have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal. I felt safe, relaxed, and incredibly well-fed. I’d definitely go back. In fact, I’m already planning my next trip.

The Unbelievable Offer (Because You Deserve a Great Deal!)

Ready to experience the Unbelievable St. Louis Views at the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel?

Here’s the deal:

  • Guaranteed Best Rate: Book directly through their website or by calling for the absolute best price.
  • Free Breakfast & Evening Snacks: Fuel your adventures with a complimentary hot breakfast and enjoy free evening snacks and drinks.
  • Prime Location: Explore the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, and all the best St. Louis attractions, all within easy reach.
  • Unbeatable Amenities: Relax in the indoor pool, stay connected with free Wi-Fi, and enjoy spacious, comfortable rooms.

Book your stay at the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel today and experience St. Louis like never before!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: LIA! BEIJING Hotel - Your Dream Beijing Getaway

Book Now

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the glorious chaos of St. Louis, Missouri, with Drury Plaza at the Arch as our slightly-too-comfortable, air-conditioned basecamp. Get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta carbs.

Day 1: Arrival, Arch-y Anxiety, and Deep-Dish Dreams

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL). Oh, the airport, the purgatory of travel. My flight was delayed, naturally. Spent a solid hour nursing a lukewarm, overpriced coffee and glaring at the screaming toddler across the gate. Already feeling the vacation stress!
  • 2:30 PM: Check into Drury Plaza at the Arch. Honestly? Solid choice. Free hot breakfast and evening snacks? Yes, please! The room itself is… well, it's clean and has a bed. The view? Mostly parking lot, but hey, we're here for the experience, right?
  • 3:30 PM: The Arch – A Love/Hate Relationship. Okay, let's be real. The Arch is iconic. I mean, it's the Gateway to the West, a soaring monument to westward expansion, blah blah blah. But… the elevator ride up? Claustrophobic nightmare fuel! I swear, my heart rate hit a new record. The view is pretty spectacular, though. Made me momentarily forget about the terrifying metal box I was trapped in. And the little windows are a real pain in the butt to take pictures from.
  • 5:00 PM: Walk around the grounds. The museum underneath is surprisingly interesting. Found myself getting sucked into a documentary about the construction. Who knew building an arch was so complicated?
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner at a place called "Pi Pizzeria". (Local recommendation). We are talking about the best Pizza I've ever had. I swear, it was like a religious experience. The deep dish? Oh. My. God. I may or may not have ordered a second slice. Don't judge me.
  • 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel, utterly stuffed and in desperate need of a nap. Free evening snacks. I'm officially addicted to Drury's free chips and salsa.
  • 9:00 PM: Crashed. Hard.

Day 2: Soul Food & City Museum Shenanigans

  • 8:00 AM: Free breakfast! (Praise the Lord!) Waffles, scrambled eggs, and a questionable-looking sausage. Fuel for the day!
  • 9:00 AM: Soulard Market. This is where things got interesting. Wandered through stalls overflowing with fresh produce, flowers, and the most incredible smells. Picked up some local honey. The vendors? Full of character, with stories to tell. Got totally lost in the maze of vendors.
  • 11:00 AM: Brunch at "Bogart's Smokehouse". (Another local recommendation). Had to stand in line for an hour, but it was worth it. The brisket? Melt-in-your-mouth perfection. The sides? Mac and cheese to die for. This is what I call vacation-worthy indulgence.
  • 1:00 PM: The City Museum. Okay, brace yourselves. This place… it's indescribable. It's a giant, sprawling, chaotic playground built inside a former shoe factory. It's a labyrinth of tunnels, slides, hidden passages, and random objects. I may or may not have gotten lost (several times). I may or may not have screamed with joy (several times). I may or may not have almost gotten stuck in a tiny tunnel. This place is a MUST, but wear comfortable shoes and prepare to embrace your inner child. The metal sculptures are a trip.
  • 5:00 PM: Exhausted, but exhilarated, we emerge from the City Museum.
  • 6:00 PM: Quick bite at a diner near the hotel. Needed something simple after all the excitement.
  • 7:00 PM: Drinks at the hotel bar. Chat with some fellow travelers. The free drinks are a nice bonus.
  • 8:00 PM: Stumbled back to my room. My feet are killing me. Another early night.

Day 3: Breweries, Blues, and Goodbye, Gateway!

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The waffles are calling my name.

  • 10:00 AM: A trip to "Anheuser-Busch Brewery". A classic for a reason. The history is fascinating, the Clydesdales are majestic (and surprisingly photogenic), and the free samples? Well, let's just say I was feeling rather cheerful by the end of the tour.

  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local brewery. (Can't remember the name, but the beer was cold and the food was decent).

  • 3:00 PM: The Blues. Headed to a blues club on Laclede's Landing. The music? Raw, authentic, and soul-stirring. The atmosphere? Electric. I danced like a fool and loved every second of it.

  • 6:00 PM: Last supper at a random place near the hotel. I think I'm officially carb-loaded for the next month.

  • 7:00 PM: Packing. The dreaded task.

  • 8:00 PM: One last stroll around the hotel. I'm actually starting to like this place.

  • 9:00 PM: Early to bed. Gotta catch that flight!

  • Day 4: Departure.

  • 7:00 AM: Check out.

  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. One last waffle for the road!

  • 8:00 AM: Head to the airport.

  • 9:00 AM: Flight back.

Final Thoughts:

St. Louis, you weird, wonderful city, you. You surprised me. You challenged me. You fed me. And you definitely kept me on my toes. This trip wasn't perfect (hello, delayed flights and slightly claustrophobic moments), but it was real. It was messy, it was fun, and it was exactly what I needed. Would I go back? Absolutely. Maybe next time I'll try to conquer my fear of heights. Maybe. Maybe not. The Arch is still a little terrifying, but I'm glad I saw it. And the pizza? Oh, the pizza… I'm already dreaming of my return.

Bali Beach Bliss: HUGE Guest Room in Legian's Bisma House Awaits!

Book Now

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Unbelievable St. Louis Views: Drury Plaza Arch Hotel Review! (Rambling Edition)

Okay, so, the views... are they *really* unbelievable? Like, did I hallucinate the whole thing?

Alright, look, let's be honest. "Unbelievable" is a strong word. My expectations were, like, sky-high. I'd seen the pictures – the Gateway Arch practically *bursting* out of the hotel windows. And, yeah, the Drury Plaza Arch Hotel… they deliver, mostly. But "unbelievable" like I saw a unicorn? Nah. More like "believable, but still really, really good." My first reaction? Pure, unadulterated 'Oooooh!' Like a kid seeing the Christmas tree for the first time. My jaw actually dropped. I'm a sucker for a good skyline, and St. Louis, with that Arch just dominating the scene, is a winner. But... and this is a big but... sometimes the window cleaning wasn't *perfect*. A few smudges here and there. And the *sun*! Talk about a glare! I had to squint the whole time. Okay, I'm rambling. Yes, the views are amazing. But tempered with a healthy dose of reality.

Let's talk rooms. Were they comfy? Did you actually *sleep*?

Rooms, right? The bedrock of the whole operation. Okay, here's the deal. The beds? Pretty darn comfortable. Like, I usually toss and turn like a caffeinated squirrel, but I actually slept *well*. Which is saying something, because I'm a notoriously light sleeper. The blackout curtains were a godsend. Seriously, they should be mandatory in every hotel. I also appreciated the space. I mean, I'm not *super* picky, but I like not feeling claustrophobic. And the bathroom? Clean. Functional. The water pressure was *fantastic*. I'm a shower person, and that's a make-or-break for me. The only snag? The air conditioning was a *little* noisy. Nothing ear-splitting, but definitely noticeable. Woke me up a couple of times. Minor complaint, really. Overall? Comfy. Sleepable. Winner. Now, if only they'd had better pillows... I'm still searching for the perfect pillow, you know? The quest continues...

The famous Drury free food and drinks... spill the tea! Was it worth the hype? Did you, you know, *eat*?

Oh, the food. The *free* food. Okay, so, the dinner situation… let's just say it's… *functional*. Don't go expecting a Michelin-star experience. It's a buffet, people. But, and this is a big but, it's *free*. And the options are pretty decent. They had, like, pasta. And chicken. And salad. And… well, you get the picture. I definitely ate. I am a human being, after all. I may have, possibly, gone back for seconds. Maybe thirds. Don't judge me! After a long day of sightseeing, free food is basically the holy grail. The cocktails? Also free. And strong. Maybe *too* strong. I think I had a few too many margaritas one night and ended up ordering pizza. (Hey, I was hungry!). The breakfast? Pretty standard continental fare. Waffles, scrambled eggs, the usual suspects. Not gourmet, but definitely satisfying. And the coffee? Drinkable. All in all? Worth the hype? Absolutely. Free food and drinks? That's a win in my book. Just… pace yourself with the margaritas. Trust me.

The location: perfect or a pain? How was getting around?

Location, location, location! This is where the Drury *really* shines. Right next to the Arch? You can practically roll out of bed and be there. And the City Museum? (If you're not familiar, GO. Now!). A relatively easy walk. Which is good, because parking in St. Louis can be a nightmare. Finding the hotel was a breeze too. The signage was clear, which is a big plus for me because I get lost in my own apartment. Public transport? I didn't use it much. I mostly walked, or took a rideshare. It felt safe enough, even at night. The area around the hotel is lively, but not *too* crazy. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby. So, yeah. Location? Nailed it. It's a massive selling point. Super convenient. I loved it. I really, really did.

The staff? Were they friendly? Did they put up with your shenanigans?

Staff! Okay, this is where things get... well, mixed. Most of the staff were lovely. Super friendly. Helpful. Smiling. The front desk people were great. The cleaning staff were efficient and nice. But... and there's always a but, isn't there?... I had one interaction that was a little… off. I won't go into detail, but let's just say there was a misunderstanding about a room service charge. It got a little awkward. But, in fairness, it was probably my fault. I'm not always the easiest person to deal with, especially after a few margaritas. Overall, though, the staff were good. Not exceptional, but good. And, let's be honest, I didn't exactly make it easy for them. I may have asked for extra towels. And ice. And a bottle opener. And... okay, I'm done. They were patient. That's what matters. So, a mixed bag, but leaning towards positive.

The pool? Did you swim? Was it gross?

The pool! Oh, the pool... I *intended* to swim. I really did. I packed my swimsuit. I even brought a towel. But the pool… well, it was indoors. And a little… chlorinated. And, honestly, after a long day of walking around St. Louis, the thought of getting wet and dealing with my hair seemed… exhausting. So, no, I didn't swim. I peeked in, though. It looked… fine. A little crowded. A few kids splashing around. But, from what I saw, it seemed clean enough. Just not my vibe, I guess. Maybe next time. Maybe. I'm more of a "sit by the pool and judge everyone else" kind of person, anyway.

Would you go back? Seriously, spill the beans!

Would I go back? Hmm... That's the million-dollar questionBest Stay Blogspot

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States

Drury Plaza St Louis at the Arch St. Louis (MO) United States