
Unleash Your Inner Explorer: Lionsback Resort Moab Awaits!
Unleash Your Inner Explorer: Lionsback Resort Moab Awaits! - A Review Straight from the Heart (and Possibly a Slightly Dusty Boot)
Okay, folks, buckle up! Because I just got back from Lionsback Resort in Moab, and let me tell you, my soul is still humming with desert vibes. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews. This is the real deal, warts and all (and trust me, I found a few… in the best possible way). This isn't just a place to stay; it's a portal to adventure, a sanctuary for your weary bones, and, if you're anything like me, a place where you might just accidentally fall in love with the vast, red-rock landscape.
First, the basics. Accessibility: They've got it! Not every inch is perfectly paved, which is expected considering the natural surroundings, but they're making a solid effort. Think ramps, accessible rooms (more on that later!), and a general willingness to accommodate. Wheelchair Accessible? Yes, they're trying! It's not a perfectly smooth ride everywhere, but the key areas are definitely accessible.
Cleanliness and Safety – The Sanitization Squad: Look, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, especially these days. And Lionsback REALLY nailed it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, staff trained in safety protocol – it’s all there. They even have hand sanitizer everywhere. I felt genuinely safe, which, let's be honest, is a HUGE relief. They even have individually-wrapped food options (more on the food later!). They really take hygiene certification seriously.
Internet & Tech Stuff - Wi-Fi Nirvana (Mostly): Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it actually works. Not like some hotels where you're basically tethered to the lobby for a decent signal. I managed to stream a few movies, upload countless photos of the breathtaking scenery, and even do a little work (shhh… don't tell my boss). They also offer Internet [LAN] for the truly tech-savvy. They have Wi-Fi in public areas, too, but honestly, you'll be too busy staring at the landscape to care.
Rooms - My Desert Oasis: Okay, let’s talk about the rooms. We booked one with a terrace (essential!), and it was… wow. Think spacious, modern, and thoughtfully designed. Air conditioning (a lifesaver in the Moab heat!), blackout curtains (needed for those sunrise hikes!), and a ridiculously comfortable extra long bed. They also had a refrigerator (hello, cold drinks!) and a coffee/tea maker (vital for early mornings). The complimentary tea was a nice touch. And let's not forget the slippers! A small detail, but a welcome one after a day of hiking. The soundproofing was also excellent – no noisy neighbors here! The bathroom was clean and well-appointed, with a separate shower/bathtub. They also have bathrobes, which is always a win. The in-room safe box was great for storing valuables, but I mostly used it for hiding my stash of emergency chocolate. The daily housekeeping was unobtrusive and efficient. And the window that opens was perfect for letting in the crisp desert air.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Adventure: Okay, this is where things get interesting. Restaurants? Yes! And the food? Mostly delicious, though not without a few quirks. Let's start with the positive: Breakfast [buffet]! Always a good way to start the day. They had everything from Western breakfast to Asian breakfast. The coffee/tea in restaurant was also excellent. Coffee shop? Yep! Poolside bar? You betcha! Perfect for a post-hike cocktail. The bottle of water in the room was a nice touch.
Now, for the quirks. The a la carte in restaurant options were sometimes a bit… ambitious. I ordered a salad and it was… interesting. But honestly, the setting is so stunning, you could eat cardboard and still enjoy it. The happy hour was a great deal, and the desserts in restaurant were decadent. The snack bar was perfect for grabbing a quick bite. They also had vegetarian restaurant options. Room service [24-hour]? Yes! Which is vital when you're exhausted after a long day. I actually got the breakfast in room one morning, and it was a treat. The alternative meal arrangement was also helpful.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Adventure & Zen, Baby: This is where Lionsback really shines. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes! And it has a pool with view! It’s pure bliss, especially after a hot day. Gym/fitness? Yup, if you’re into that sort of thing. Me? Not so much, but I did check it out. Seemed well-equipped. They also have a spa/sauna, and a steamroom. I indulged in a massage, and it was heavenly. They offer a body scrub and body wrap, too, but I was too busy exploring the desert to try those.
Services and Conveniences – Making Life Easy: Daily housekeeping, check! Laundry service, check! Concierge, check! Front desk [24-hour], check! Car park [free of charge], check! (Huge plus!). Luggage storage, check! They also offer cash withdrawal, currency exchange, and even a convenience store. The elevator made life much easier, especially with all my gear. They have facilities for disabled guests, which is fantastic.
Getting Around: Car park [on-site], Car park [free of charge], and Valet parking are available. Airport transfer and Taxi service are also offered.
For the Kids: While I didn’t have any kids with me, the resort seemed incredibly family/child friendly. They offer babysitting service and have kids facilities and kids meals.
The Imperfectly Perfect Bits:
- The Drive: Getting to Moab is part of the adventure. Be prepared for a long drive (or a flight and then a drive). This isn't a quick weekend getaway.
- The Bugs: Okay, this isn't the resort's fault, but be prepared for the occasional desert critter. Pack some bug spray!
- The Food (Again): While mostly good, the restaurant service could be a little… slow at times. But hey, you're on vacation! Relax!
My Personal Anecdote - The Sunset Hike That Changed Everything:
Okay, so I'm not a "hiker" in the traditional sense. I'm more of a "stroll-around-the-park-with-a-book" type. But one evening, I decided to take a sunset hike up a nearby trail (thanks for the recommendation, Lionsback!). The trail was moderately challenging, and I was definitely huffing and puffing. But as I reached the top, the sun began to dip below the horizon, painting the red rocks in shades of orange, pink, and purple. The silence was broken only by the gentle breeze and the occasional chirp of a bird. It was breathtaking. I felt a sense of peace and connection to the earth that I'd never experienced before. It was, frankly, life-changing. And it wouldn't have happened without Lionsback.
The Verdict:
Lionsback Resort is more than just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place to disconnect from the chaos of everyday life and reconnect with nature. It's a place to challenge yourself, to explore, and to discover something new about yourself. It’s not perfect – the food has its moments, and the service can be a little slow. But the stunning setting, the comfortable rooms, the commitment to safety, and the sheer joy of being in Moab more than make up for any minor imperfections.
My (Strongly) Opinionated Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Now, the Offer - Unleash Your Inner Explorer & Book Your Moab Adventure!
Tired of the Ordinary? Craving Adventure?
Then ditch the mundane and escape to the heart of Moab with Lionsback Resort! We’re offering an exclusive deal to help you experience the magic of the desert like never before.
Here’s What You Get:
- Discounted Room Rates: Enjoy special savings on our luxurious rooms, perfect for couples, families, or solo adventurers.
- Free Breakfast: Fuel your adventures with a complimentary breakfast buffet each day, featuring delicious Western and Asian options.
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Kick back and relax with a free welcome drink at our poolside bar.
- Early Bird Discount: Book your stay at least 30 days in advance and receive a special early bird discount!
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: We understand plans can change. Enjoy peace of mind with our flexible cancellation policy.
Why Choose Lionsback?
- **Unparalleled Location

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this itinerary for Lionsback Resort in Moab? It's not going to be some pristine, perfectly-planned Pinterest board. This is real life, people. Expect the unexpected, the slightly burnt coffee, and the existential dread of realizing you’re wearing the same hiking socks for the third day.
LIONSBACK RESORT: Moab, UT - A Messy, Glorious Adventure (Maybe)
Day 1: Arrival and the Questionable Glory of "Glamping"
- 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Lionsback Resort. Okay, the website photos are slightly deceiving. It's not quite the "rustic-chic" promised land I envisioned. More like… "rustic-but-possibly-home-to-a-family-of-spiders-chic." The "glamping" tent is… spacious. Too spacious. Like, I could probably host a small rave in here. I immediately start unpacking, and realize I've forgotten my toothbrush. Seriously? This is the first sign of a vacation going sideways.
- 2:00 PM: Explore the resort. The pool looks inviting (and thankfully, is not infested with giant spiders… that I can see). The views? Unreal. Red rock canyons stretching out like a painter's masterpiece. I instantly feel a surge of "holy-crap-I'm-alive" appreciation. This might actually be worth the toothbrush trauma.
- 3:00 PM: Check out the resort. This is when I discover the "lounge" area. It's less "lounge" and more "communal-area-where-people-awkwardly-avoid-eye-contact." I grab a lukewarm coffee, and attempt to read a book. My attempts are interrupted by the sounds of kids screaming and a couple arguing about the best hiking trails.
- 4:00 PM: Hike to the viewpoint. I finally make my way to the viewpoint. The hike is easy, but the heat is brutal. I'm sweating like a pig. But the views! They're worth it. Moab is stunning, I get emotional over how pretty the views are.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at the resort restaurant. The food is… well, it's food. Not exactly Michelin-star material, but edible. And the sunset? Absolutely breathtaking. I'm starting to think maybe, just maybe, this vacation won't be a total disaster.
- 7:30 PM: Stargazing. Okay, this is where it gets really good. The stars in Moab are insane. Like, you can practically reach out and touch them. I find myself getting lost in the vastness of the universe, and feeling incredibly small and insignificant. It's… strangely comforting. Then a coyote howls. Startled, I run back to my tent.
Day 2: The Unpleasantness of Biking and the Beauty of the Desert
- 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up to the desert sun, and the persistent buzzing of a mosquito (or maybe a tiny, evil drone). Realize I forgot to bring bug spray. Of course.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the resort. Eggs are cooked. Coffee is hot. I'm feeling optimistic.
- 9:00 AM: Mountain Biking: Rental bikes are ready. I'm feeling confident. This lasts approximately 5 minutes. The trail is a treacherous mix of rocks, sand, and sheer drops. I'm convinced I'm going to die. I fall. I get back up. I fall again. This time I scrape my knee. Tears may or may not be involved.
- 11:00 AM: Retreat. I've had it. I'm done with the bikes. I return the bike, and decide to head back to the resort. I'm exhausted, and my knee hurts.
- 12:00 PM: Pool Time. I sit by the pool, and I feel the sting of the sun on my skin. I realize I forgot to bring sunscreen.
- 2:00 PM: Hike to Delicate Arch (attempt one). Okay, this is the "big one." The trail is crowded. Hot. And I'm starting to doubt my life choices. The views are supposed to be amazing, but right now I'm focused on not collapsing from heat exhaustion. I'm already regretting this.
- 3:00 PM: I give up. I can't do it. I'm too tired. I turn back. Defeated, and slightly sunburnt, I return to the resort.
- 4:00 PM: Nap Time. I go back to my tent, and sleep for an hour.
- 5:00 PM: I decide to make a second attempt to see Delicate Arch. I pack snacks, water, and sunscreen. I'm determined to make it this time.
- 6:00 PM: Hike to Delicate Arch (attempt two). I make it. I'm sweating, but I did it. The arch is breathtaking. The sunset is incredible. I feel a sense of accomplishment. This is why I came to Moab.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. I eat a burger and drink a beer. I'm exhausted but happy.
Day 3: The River and the Realization That Maybe I'm a Desert Person
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. I have pancakes.
- 9:00 AM: River Rafting. I sign up for a river rafting trip. The guide is a grizzled old man who seems to have seen it all. The river is cold, but the scenery is spectacular. I get splashed. I laugh. I have fun. It's actually really, really good.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. A picnic lunch on the riverbank. Sandwiches, fruit, and more water. I'm starting to feel like I'm actually getting the hang of this whole "desert thing."
- 2:00 PM: Return to the resort. I take a shower. I feel clean.
- 3:00 PM: I decide to spend the afternoon by the pool. I read a book. I nap. I relax.
- 5:00 PM: I have a drink at the resort bar. I chat with a few other guests. I'm starting to feel like I'm part of the community.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm starting to feel sad about leaving.
- 8:00 PM: I watch the sunset. It's the last sunset of the trip. I'm sad. I'm also grateful for this experience.
Day 4: Departure and the Lingering Dust of Adventure
- 8:00 AM: Pack my bags. I leave the tent.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. I eat a final breakfast at the resort.
- 10:00 AM: I check out of Lionsback Resort. I say goodbye to Moab.
- 11:00 AM: I'm on my way home. I'm tired, a little sunburnt, and covered in dust. But I'm also happy. Moab was amazing. I'll be back.
- Post-Trip Thoughts: I'm probably going to need a therapist after this trip. But hey, at least I saw Delicate Arch (twice!). And I'm pretty sure I'm a desert person. Now, where's my toothbrush?

Unleash Your Inner Explorer: Lionsback Resort Moab Awaits! - Or Does It? (A Messy FAQ)
Okay, so... Moab. Lionsback. What's the actual *deal*? I'm seeing dreamy photos, but is it all just Instagram fluff?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because the deal is… complicated. Let's be honest, yeah, the photos are stunning. Jaw-dropping. Makes you want to chuck your desk job and become a professional sunset photographer. But is it all perfectly curated bliss? Absolutely not. I went. I saw. I almost cried (happy tears, mostly).
Lionsback Resort, nestled near Moab and Canyonlands, is *physically* stunning. Think red rock as far as the eye can see. But the *vibe*? That's the thing. It's a mix. You've got the luxury side, the "glamping but make it *expensive*" side, and then the "holy crap, I'm surrounded by nature and it's amazing" side. It's a juggling act.
My advice? Go in with realistic expectations. You're paying for a unique experience. You're paying for a chance to disconnect. You're paying for… well, a lot. But is it worth it? *Maybe*. Depends on your priorities. Mine? Absolutely. Even with the occasional hiccup (more on that later...).
What's the accommodation situation like? Tents? Cabins? Are we talking roughing it or luxury? (And is the "glamping" actually glamorous?)
Okay, this is where things get interesting. They call it "glamping," and, for the most part, it delivers. Think spacious canvas tents (or cabins, depending on your budget and masochistic tendencies), proper beds, nice linens, and actual bathrooms. Like, flushing toilets and hot showers. This is not "roughing it" in a sleeping bag on the ground. Thank. God.
The tents are… *cool*. They have decks, some have private hot tubs (drool). The cabins are even more luxurious if your wallet can handle it. But let's be real, you're still *in* the desert. Dust gets everywhere. Bugs happen (though thankfully, not as bad as I expected). And sometimes, the wind *howls* at night, and you swear your tent is going to take flight.
My personal experience? We stayed in a tent. It was amazing! Until, you know, the wind. One night, it sounded like a velociraptor was trying to break in. I spent a good hour convinced I was going to die. But then the sun came up, the birds started chirping, and I remembered I was surrounded by incredible beauty. So, yeah, glamorous-ish. With a healthy dose of adventure.
Food! Tell me about the food. Is it just granola bars and survival rations, or are we talking gourmet desert cuisine?
Okay, the food. This is where Lionsback *really* shines. Forget granola bars. We're talking elevated desert dining. Think fresh, locally sourced ingredients, beautifully presented. They have a restaurant on site, and it's… *delicious*.
Breakfast was a delight. Fluffy pancakes, fresh fruit, strong coffee… the works. Lunch was usually a picnic basket you could take out on your adventures (sandwiches, salads, yummy stuff). Dinner? Ooh, dinner was the star. I had some of the best steak I've ever tasted, cooked to perfection. And the desserts? Don't even get me started. My waistline *still* hasn't forgiven me.
The only slight downside? It's not cheap. Be prepared to open your wallet. But honestly, the quality and the convenience (no cooking, no cleaning!) made it worth it for me. Plus, after a day of hiking and exploring, you *deserve* a delicious meal. You earned it!
What activities are available? I'm picturing myself bored out of my mind after a day or two.
Bored? Absolutely not. Unless you *want* to be bored. Lionsback is a gateway to adventure. You've got hiking trails right from your doorstep. Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park are nearby (a short drive). Think epic hikes, stunning vistas, and enough red rock to make your head spin.
You can go mountain biking (they have rentals), take a guided jeep tour, go canyoneering (if you're feeling brave), or even go stargazing at night (the desert sky is *unbelievable*). They can arrange all sorts of activities.
My personal favorite? The Delicate Arch hike in Arches National Park. It’s a tough hike, don't get me wrong. Sweaty, dusty, and I almost turned back halfway through. But when you get to the top and see that arch… it's breathtaking. I actually cried again. This time, tears of pure joy. It’s a memory I’ll cherish forever. (And yes, I took a million photos.)
What about the staff? Are they friendly and helpful, or are they just going through the motions?
Okay, the staff. This can make or break a place, right? And the staff at Lionsback? They were generally great. Helpful, friendly, and genuinely seemed to enjoy what they were doing. They were knowledgeable about the area, offered great recommendations, and were always willing to help.
I had a small issue with my tent (the aforementioned velociraptor wind incident), and they were quick to address it. They were also super helpful with activity bookings and answering my endless questions.
Look, no place is perfect. There might be the occasional hiccup or a slightly less enthusiastic staff member, but overall, the service was excellent. They really seem to care about making your experience a good one. And that makes a huge difference.
Is it kid-friendly? I'm trying to decide if I should bring the little monsters (I mean, my children).
Kid-friendly… hmmm. That depends on your kids, and your tolerance for… well, kids. Lionsback is beautiful, and there are definitely things to keep kids entertained. There are pools, hiking trails, and plenty of space to run around.
BUT. It’s also a luxury resort. And luxury resorts generally cater to… well, people who want luxury and quiet. So, if your kids are the rambunctious, constantly-screaming-and-running-around type, you might want to consider a different location, or prepare for some side-eye.
The trails are generally suitable for older kids (they're not exactly stroller-friendly). The food is good enough that even picky eaters might find something they like. But overall, I'd say it's more geared towards adults and older children who can appreciate the beauty and the peace. If your kids are cool, calm, and collected, then go for it! If not… maybe save it for a romantic getaway. JustHotel Deals Search

