
Orlando's BEST Kept Secret: Hampton Inn & Suites (Altamonte Springs)!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the supposedly "best kept secret" of Orlando: the Hampton Inn & Suites in Altamonte Springs. And let me tell you, after actually staying there, I'm not so sure how "secret" it is anymore, but hey, maybe you haven't heard of it. Let's see if it lives up to the hype, shall we?
First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good, the Okay, and the "Wait, What?"
Alright, so let's get the basics out of the way. Accessibility is mostly good. They have the elevator (thank God!), and I saw signs mentioning facilities for disabled guests. And the car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver in Orlando traffic, especially if you're lugging around a suitcase the size of a small car (guilty). Wheelchair accessible is definitely a key selling point, and I saw ramps and wider doorways, which is always a plus. Now, I didn't personally need any of those things, but I appreciate that they tried.
- Accessibility Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. Solid effort, but always room for improvement in this area, you know?
Checking In & Out: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Check-in/out [express] is a godsend, especially after a long flight. I was in and out in like, two minutes. They also offer contactless check-in/out, which is great for germaphobes like me (and let's be honest, who isn't a little germ-conscious these days?). The front desk [24-hour] is another win; knowing someone's there to help, even at 3 AM, is reassuring. They even have concierge services, although I didn't personally use them. The doorman, however, seemed to be a bit absent.
- Check-in/out Experience: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Efficient and friendly!
Rooms: Comfort & Convenience (Mostly - and the occasional mystery)
Okay, let's talk rooms. I booked a non-smoking room, and thankfully, it was non-smoking. The air conditioning worked like a charm, which is a MUST in Florida. They have air conditioning in public areas, too, which is a big relief. The bed was comfy, the linens were clean, and I actually slept pretty well. They offer blackout curtains, which is a huge win for light sleepers like me. The desk was functional, and the laptop workspace was appreciated.
Now, for the imperfections…
- The "Extra Long Bed": I'm 6'2", and it was good!
- The "Coffee/Tea Maker": I'm sorry, but the coffee tasted like sadness in a cup. I had to venture down to the lobby for a decent brew. I have to take points off for this.
- The "Hair Dryer": It was one of those wall-mounted ones that feel like they're going to rip your hair out. But hey, it worked.
- The "Internet Access – Wireless (Wi-Fi [free])": The Wi-Fi was surprisingly fast and reliable. I was able to stream movies and work with no problems. They even have Internet [LAN] access if you're old-school (or just really paranoid about security).
- The "Safe Box": I didn't use it, but it's there.
- The "Refrigerator": A tiny one, but it was enough to keep my water cold.
The Room Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Comfortable, functional, but the coffee situation needs immediate attention!
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Breakfast Bonanza (and Beyond)
Okay, let's talk food. The breakfast [buffet] is the real star here. They had everything: Western breakfast, Asian breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, the works. It was a pretty good start to the day. They offer breakfast takeaway service, too, which is great if you're in a hurry. And they have a coffee shop! I still stand by my lobby coffee, but at least it was consistent.
- The "Restaurants": They have none.
- The "Bar": They have none.
- The "Poolside bar": They have none.
- The "Snack bar": They have none.
- The "Room service [24-hour]": They have none.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. Good breakfast, but limited other options.
Relaxation & Recreation: Poolside Bliss (Maybe)
Here's where things get a little… underwhelming. They have a swimming pool [outdoor]. It looked clean. I didn't actually use it, but it looked inviting. They also have a fitness center, which I peeked into. It looked like your standard hotel gym - treadmills, weights, the usual.
- The "Spa": No.
- The "Sauna": No.
- The "Steamroom": No.
- The "Massage": No.
- The "Body scrub/wrap/foot bath": NOPE.
Relaxation & Recreation Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars. Pool is nice, but that's about it.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe (Mostly)
The cleanliness was surprisingly good. The rooms were spotless, and the common areas seemed well-maintained. They use anti-viral cleaning products, which is a big plus. They have hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and the staff seemed to be taking things seriously. They offer room sanitization opt-out available which is a nice touch.
They have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, which is reassuring. They have a fire extinguisher in the room and a smoke detector.
- The "Doctor/nurse on call": Not that I saw.
- The "First aid kit": Probably at the front desk.
Cleanliness & Safety Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Safe and clean, which is what matters!
Services & Conveniences: The Little Extras
They offer a bunch of useful services. Daily housekeeping is a must-have. They have laundry service and dry cleaning, which is great for longer stays. They have a convenience store for snacks and essentials. They also offer luggage storage and a safe deposit box.
- The "Car park [free of charge]": Yes! Huge win!
- The "Car power charging station": Nope!
- The "Business facilities": Yes!
- The "Babysitting service": Nope!
- The "Gift/souvenir shop": Nope!
Services & Conveniences Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. A good range of useful services.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly?
They have family/child friendly options, but I didn't see any specific kid-focused amenities. No playground, no game room, etc.
- The "Babysitting service": No.
- The "Kids meal": Nope!
For the Kids Rating: 2 out of 5 stars. Okay for families, but not specifically geared towards kids.
The Verdict: Is It REALLY Orlando's Best Kept Secret?
Okay, so the Hampton Inn & Suites in Altamonte Springs is… not exactly a secret. It's a solid, reliable hotel. It's clean, comfortable, and offers a decent breakfast. The location is convenient, and the staff is friendly.
But is it Orlando's best kept secret? Probably not. It's a great option for a practical stay, but it lacks the wow factor of a truly luxurious hotel. It's a solid choice for business travelers, families on a budget, or anyone looking for a comfortable and convenient stay.
Overall Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.
The "Secret" is Out! Book Your Hampton Inn & Suites Stay Today!
Tired of overpriced, underwhelming Orlando hotels? Ready for a stay that's comfortable, convenient, and won't break the bank? Then it's time to discover the almost secret: Hampton Inn & Suites in Altamonte Springs!
Here's why you should book NOW:
- Free Breakfast Bonanza: Fuel your day with a delicious and diverse breakfast buffet, including hot waffles, fresh fruit, and more!
- Relax & Recharge: Take a dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or get your workout in at our well-equipped fitness center.
- Convenient Location: Close to all the Orlando attractions, but far enough away for a peaceful getaway.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with lightning-fast Wi

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs adventure. Forget those pristine, perfectly-organized itineraries. This is the real deal, the messy, glorious, slightly-hungover truth.
Day 1: Arrival and the Pursuit of Poolside Nirvana (and Maybe a Nap)
- 2:00 PM - Arrival and Hotel Recon: Right, so, flight's landed. Orlando, here we are! The first mission, after surviving baggage claim (which, let's be honest, is always a Hunger Games-esque experience), is the Hampton Inn. Found it! Check-in was surprisingly smooth. Kudos to the front desk lady, she was actually smiling. That's a win in my book. The room? Standard Hampton Inn fare. Clean, comfy, but lacking that "wow" factor. Honestly, I'm just relieved it doesn't smell like stale cigarettes. I'm already picturing the pool.
- 2:30 PM - The Great Pool Search (and the Parking Lot of Doom): Okay, so I went down to the pool. After a harrowing adventure navigating the parking lot. I swear, it's a maze designed by a sadist. The pool itself? Not bad! Standard hotel pool. But the chairs… oh, the chairs. They're all claimed. By towels. The age-old battle. I managed to snag a chair, but it feels like I've won a minor war.
- 3:00 PM - Poolside Bliss (and the Realization I Forgot Sunscreen): Ah, the sun. The water. The quiet (okay, maybe not quiet, there's a gaggle of kids doing cannonballs). This is what vacation's all about. Wait. Where's the sunscreen? CRAP. Guess I'm embracing the lobster look today.
- 4:00 PM - The Nap That Almost Wasn't: I needed a nap. Desperately. But the pool, the sun, the general vacation excitement… it all conspired against me. Finally, after a Herculean effort of will, I slipped into a glorious, albeit brief, slumber. Woke up with a crick in my neck. Worth it.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Disaster (and the Quest for Edible Food): Dinner. The bane of my existence. I was hungry, tired, and in no mood for culinary experimentation. The hotel restaurant? Closed. (Of course). So, I ventured out. Found a "family-friendly" place. Let's just say the food tasted vaguely of disappointment and regret. I'm pretty sure the "fresh" vegetables came from a can.
- 7:30 PM - Back to the Room, Regret and Hope: Back in the room. Regretting the dinner choice. But hopeful for tomorrow. There's gotta be a good restaurant around here somewhere. Maybe a decent coffee shop. The endless possibilities of a new day.
Day 2: Theme Parks, Tantrums, and Triumphant Ice Cream
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast Debacle (and the Unspoken Rules of the Waffle Maker): The free breakfast. The hotel's big selling point. I approached the waffle maker with cautious optimism. It's always a gamble. The first waffle? Charred. The second? Perfect. Victory! Then, the coffee. Lukewarm. But hey, you can't win them all. I did however, manage to steal a few extra packets of butter, you never know when you need them.
- 9:00 AM - Theme Park Mayhem (and the Joy of People-Watching): Okay, so we're at the theme park. The crowds are insane. The lines are longer than my patience. But the sheer spectacle of it all is kind of amazing. The screaming kids, the stressed-out parents, the sheer, unadulterated joy of it all… it's a sociological study in motion. And the people-watching? Gold. Pure gold.
- 12:00 PM - Midday Meltdown (and the Urgent Need for Air Conditioning): It got hot. Really hot. I'm talking, "melting-into-a-puddle-of-sweat" hot. Add to that the screaming toddlers and the general sensory overload, and I was teetering on the brink of a full-blown meltdown. Thank God for air conditioning. And a strategically placed bench.
- 2:00 PM - The Rollercoaster Revelation: I'm not a huge rollercoaster person. But I was peer-pressured. And you know what? It was amazing. The pure, unadulterated scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs feeling of pure terror and exhilaration? Highly recommended.
- 4:00 PM - The Ice Cream Intervention (and the Triumph of Sugar): I needed ice cream. Like, a serious ice cream intervention. Found a place with ridiculously oversized cones. The sugar rush was immediate. The happiness? Instant. Problem solved.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Round Two (and the Search for Redemption): Another dinner. This time, I did my research. Found a local place that actually got good reviews. And you know what? It was delicious! Proof that salvation exists, even in the culinary wasteland of tourist traps.
- 7:00 PM - Back to the Hotel, Blissful Exhaustion: Back to the hotel. Exhausted but happy. Planning for tomorrow.
Day 3: Relaxation and Departure (and the Lingering Smell of Chlorine)
- 9:00 AM - The Pool, Revisited (and the Chlorine Hangover): Back to the pool. This time, I remembered the sunscreen. And the water felt extra refreshing. However, I’m pretty sure I’m still smelling the chlorine.
- 10:00 AM - Last-Minute Souvenir Shenanigans (and the Art of Impulse Buying): Time for souvenirs. The art of impulse buying is a skill, and I’m a master. I bought a t-shirt I’ll probably never wear, a key chain, and a snow globe.
- 11:00 AM - Breakfast (again): Again, back at the breakfast bar.
- 12:00 PM - Check Out (and the bittersweet goodbye): Time to leave. A bittersweet goodbye to the Hampton Inn.
- 1:00 PM - Airport, Departure: The flight. The anticipation. The memories.
So, there you have it. A glimpse into my Hampton Inn adventure. It wasn't perfect. It was messy. It was real. And honestly? It was pretty darn great.
Unbelievable Takasaki Views: Takasaki View Hotel's Secret Revealed!
Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs: Orlando's "Secret"? Let's Dive In! (Maybe...)
Okay, Okay, spill the beans. Why is this Hampton Inn a "secret"? And is it really *that* good?
Alright, alright, settle down, Sherlock. "Secret" might be a *slight* exaggeration. It's not like they're hiding it under a giant, magical invisibility cloak. But, for real, I've heard it whispered amongst the Orlando locals – the ones who *actually* live here and aren't just hitting up Disney World for the millionth time – that this Hampton Inn & Suites in Altamonte Springs is a solid choice. Not exactly a hidden gem, more like a well-worn, comfy slipper.
And is it *that* good? Depends on your definition of "good." If you're expecting the Ritz-Carlton, then, honey, you're in the wrong place. But if you want clean, comfortable, and convenient, with a decent breakfast (more on that later... that breakfast situation is a rollercoaster), then yeah, it's pretty darn good. It's the kind of place you'd recommend to your aunt Mildred, because she'd appreciate the free parking and the pool.
The Location, Location, Location... Is Altamonte Springs actually convenient for Orlando stuff?
Look, let's be honest, Orlando is a sprawl. Everything's a drive. Altamonte Springs isn't *right* in the thick of it, but it's a decent base camp. You're not stuck in the touristy madness. You can actually, you know, breathe.
Disney? Yeah, it's a bit of a haul. Expect traffic. Universal? Much closer, maybe 20-30 minutes depending on the time of day. And you've got the benefit of being near some actual... *life*. Restaurants that aren't just character dining. Shopping that isn't exclusively souvenir shops. You know, the real stuff.
I remember one time, I stayed there with my friend, and we were going to a concert at the Hard Rock Live. The hotel was perfect. We were able to Uber without any issue. It was a great night and the location really helped.
Tell me about the rooms! Are they… y’know… *clean*? And what about the suites?
Alright, let’s talk about the rooms. Cleanliness is, like, the *bare minimum* I expect in a hotel, and I’m happy to report the Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs mostly delivers. Mostly. I mean, it’s not hospital-grade sterilisation, but it's generally pretty spotless.
I've stayed in both the standard rooms and the suites. The suites? They're worth the upgrade, especially if you're traveling with kids (or just want some space to yourself). You get a separate living area, which is a lifesaver. The suites are a bit more, well, *lived in* than the standard rooms. I once found a stray Lego brick under the sofa (don't ask, I have no idea how it got there). But overall, the rooms are comfortable, well-maintained, and the beds are… well, Hampton Inn beds are consistently good. Not the *best* I've ever slept in, but definitely not the worst. You'll sleep.
The Breakfast. The dreaded hotel breakfast. Is it… edible? And is it the same every single day?
Oh, the breakfast. *Deep breath*. This is where things get… interesting. The Hampton Inn breakfast is a tale of two cities. Or, rather, a tale of two expectations.
First, the good: it's *free*. You can't argue with free. They usually have the basics: eggs (sometimes scrambled, sometimes hard-boiled, depending on the day), sausage or bacon (again, a crapshoot), waffles (always a win), cereal, fruit, and the ever-present, suspiciously orange juice.
Now, the not-so-good: it can be repetitive. Very, very repetitive. If you're staying for more than a couple of days, you might find yourself craving something… different. I swear, I once dreamed of a different kind of breakfast meat. It was a nightmare.
And the coffee? Let's just say it's… functional. It'll wake you up. Maybe. Don't expect any artisanal coffee experiences.
My advice? Manage your expectations. It’s a free breakfast. Be grateful. Or, do what I do, and bring your own instant oatmeal and a good travel mug.
What about the pool? Is it a depressing, chlorine-smelling rectangle of despair?
Okay, the pool. This is where the Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs actually shines. The pool is… *nice*. It's not huge, it's not Olympic-sized, but it’s clean, it’s well-maintained, and it's a genuinely pleasant place to relax. There's usually a decent amount of seating, and the chlorine smell isn't overwhelming. (A huge plus!)
I once spent an entire afternoon by the pool, reading a book and sipping a (store-bought) iced tea. It was pure bliss. I remember thinking, "This is what a vacation should feel like." Seriously, the pool is a selling point. It's a little oasis of calm amidst the Orlando chaos.
Any other amenities I should know about? Like, is there a gym? And do they have a laundry room?
Yes, there's a gym! It’s not a fancy, state-of-the-art fitness center, but it has the basics: treadmills, ellipticals, a few weights. It's enough to get a quick workout in. I've used it a few times, and it's usually pretty empty. So, win!
And yes, they have a laundry room. Which is a godsend when you’ve been sweating buckets in the Florida humidity. Just remember to bring your own detergent. I learned that the hard way. (Panic-buying detergent at the front desk is not a fun experience.)
Oh, and they have free Wi-Fi. Which is essential, obviously.
Okay, so bottom line: Should I stay here?
Alright, the verdict. Should you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs?
If you're looking for a budget-friendly, convenient, and comfortable base for your Orlando adventures, then yes, absolutely. It's not perfect, but it's a solid choice. You won't be disappointed.
Just remember to pack your own breakfast options if you're picky, and maybe a good book for the pool. And don’t expect a five-star experience. But, honestly, for the price and the location, it's a winnerHotel Hop Now

