
Escape to Paradise: Pousada Kiri Kere's Sao Mateus Secret
Escape to Paradise: Pousada Kiri Kere's Sao Mateus Secret - A Review That's Actually Real (And Maybe a Little Crazy)
Okay, so you're looking for paradise, huh? And you're thinking about Pousada Kiri Kere's Sao Mateus Secret? Good choice. But before you dive in, let me, a real person who actually stayed there, give you the lowdown. Forget the generic hotel reviews, this is the raw, unfiltered truth, with all the good, the bad, and the slightly-off-kilter observations. Buckle up, buttercup.
First Impressions (and My Immediate Panic About the "Accessibility" Thing):
Right off the bat, let's address the elephant in the room: Accessibility. This is a big deal, and I’m not a wheelchair user, so I can’t give you a definitive yes or no. The website claims facilities for disabled guests, and there's an Elevator, which is a huge plus. BUT, and this is a BIG but, I noticed… well, I wasn’t looking for it, but I didn’t see any obvious ramps or super-wide doorways. My gut feeling? Call ahead. Seriously. Call and grill them. Get specific details about the routes to the Pool with a View (which, by the way, is stunning) and the Restaurants. Don't rely on my slightly-clueless observations. This is important.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, We're Living in a Pandemic…):
Okay, the pandemic. Let's talk about the elephant wearing a mask. Pousada Kiri Kere takes it seriously. They've got Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. They're also rocking Staff trained in safety protocol, and I saw them constantly using Hand sanitizer. They even have a Doctor/nurse on call, which is comforting. They had Individually-wrapped food options, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and a Safe dining setup. Honestly? I felt safe. And that's a huge relief when you're trying to relax. They even had Room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch for those who are extra cautious. I’m not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this all made me breathe a sigh of relief.
Rooms: My Sanctuary (and the Minor Annoyances):
My room? Ah, my room. It was… pretty damn good. They have Non-smoking rooms, which is a MUST for me. The Air conditioning blasted ice-cold air (bliss!). They’ve got Blackout curtains, so you can sleep off a hangover after a few too many caipirinhas (more on that later). They had a Coffee/tea maker (essential), Free bottled water (also essential), and a Mini bar (tempting). I loved the Seating area – perfect for reading with my Complimentary tea. They had Wi-Fi [free], which worked most of the time (more on that later).
The Bathroom was clean, with a Separate shower/bathtub, and they provided Bathrobes and Slippers, which made me feel fancy. The Towels were fluffy. The Toiletries were… okay. Nothing to write home about, but they did the job.
Minor grumbles: My internet went out a couple of times. And I'm not sure if the Alarm clock actually worked, which is why I'm late to EVERYTHING. Also, I'm not gonna lie, the Closet was a bit… small. I mean, I need space for my vacation wardrobe, people!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Where the Magic Happens):
Alright, food. This is where Pousada Kiri Kere really shines. Let's start with the obvious: Breakfast [buffet]. Yes, please! They had everything! Western breakfast, Asian breakfast, fresh fruit, pastries, eggs… and coffee. Glorious, life-giving coffee. They also had a Coffee shop, so you could get a caffeine fix whenever you wanted.
Lunch and dinner? The Restaurants are fantastic. They offer A la carte in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even Asian cuisine in restaurant. I had a phenomenal fish dish one night. The Desserts in restaurant were to die for (I may have eaten three). And the Poolside bar? Oh, the poolside bar. They make a mean caipirinha. Seriously, I was practically living there. They also have a Snack bar, for those mid-afternoon cravings.
They also do Room service [24-hour], which is perfect for those late-night snack attacks. They offer Vegetarian restaurant, Salad in restaurant, and Soup in restaurant, so everyone is catered for. They even had Alternative meal arrangement, which is great if you have dietary restrictions.
Things to Do (Relaxation is Key!):
Okay, so you're at a "Secret" paradise. You want to relax. You're in the right place.
- Spa: They have a Spa, a Massage service, a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Foot bath. I spent a significant amount of time in the spa. The Body scrub and Body wrap were heavenly. Seriously, I felt like a new person.
- Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous and the Pool with view is breathtaking. (Did I mention the view?)
- Fitness Center: They have a Gym/fitness center, if you're into that sort of thing. I walked through it once. It looked… intimidating. I stuck to the pool.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter):
They offer a ton of services: Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Concierge service (very helpful), and Currency exchange. They have a Convenience store if you need anything. They offer Food delivery from various places. They have Luggage storage, which is great if you arrive early or leave late. Cash withdrawal facilities are available.
They also have Facilities for disabled guests. (Again, call and confirm!)
Internet & Work Life (The Real-Life Grind):
Okay, here's the truth bomb: the Internet was a bit spotty. They offer Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet access – wireless, and Internet access – LAN. But it dropped out a few times, which was a minor annoyance. If you absolutely need to be connected for work, I'd advise having a backup plan. (Get a local SIM card, maybe?) They also have Business facilities, including Xerox/fax in business center, but I didn't use them.
For the Kids (If You Have Them):
They're Family/child friendly and have Babysitting service and Kids facilities. I didn't travel with kids, so I can't give you firsthand experience, but they seem well-equipped.
Getting Around (Location, Location, Location):
They offer Airport transfer, which is a lifesaver after a long flight. They have Car park [free of charge], and even a Car power charging station. They also offer Taxi service.
My Unsolicited Advice:
- Book a room with a view. Seriously, do it.
- Spend at least one full day just lounging by the pool. Read a book, drink a cocktail, and let the world melt away.
- Eat the fish. Trust me.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. The staff are friendly and helpful.
- Relax. You're in paradise.
The Verdict?
Pousada Kiri Kere's Sao Mateus Secret is a truly special place. It's not perfect (nothing is!), but it's got charm, beauty, and a level of service that makes you feel pampered. It's a place to escape, unwind, and recharge your batteries.
Would I go back? Absolutely. In a heartbeat.
Here's the Offer You Need to Book Now:
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: YOUR DREAM GETAWAY AWAITS!
Tired of the everyday grind? Yearning for sun, sand, and serenity? Then pack your bags and head to Pousada Kiri Kere's Sao Mateus Secret! Nestled in a hidden paradise, our pousada offers the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure.
Here's what you get:
- Stunning Ocean Views: Wake up to breathtaking vistas from your comfortable room.
- Luxurious Spa Treatments: Indulge in a rejuvenating massage, body scrub, or wrap at our on-site spa.
- Exquisite Dining: Savor delectable international and Asian cuisine, plus refreshing cocktails at our poolside bar.
- Unforgettable Experiences: Relax by our sparkling pool, explore

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… Pousada Kiri Kere, Sao Mateus, Brazil: The Unvarnished Truth (and a whole lotta caipirinhas).
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Mosquito War
- Morning (Like, REALLY morning): Flight from (Wherever you're coming from - let's say Rio, just for fun). Land in… well, let's be honest, the airport in Sao Mateus is less "airport" and more "slightly larger shed." Luggage carousel? More like a guy with a forklift. But hey, you're in Brazil! Embrace the chaos.
- Anecdote: My first thought, stepping off the plane? "Oh. My. God. Humidity." It hit me like a warm, wet blanket. I swear, my hair instantly frizzed into a sort of Einstein-meets-Chia-Pet hybrid.
- Afternoon: Transfer to Pousada Kiri Kere. The drive is… scenic. Lush, green, and filled with the kind of potholes that would make a New Yorker weep. But the pousada itself? Ah, the pousada. It's charming. Rustic. And the staff are ridiculously friendly. They smile all the time. It's almost unsettling. (But in a good way!)
- Check-in & Room Revelation: Our room (Room 3, the one with the slightly wonky window) is… cozy. Let's call it that. The mosquito net? A work of art. Seriously. They're taking the Mosquito War very seriously here.
- Quirky Observation: The first thing I did? Check for spiders. (I'm a wimp, okay?) Found none! Score! But the tiny, adorable geckos scurrying across the walls? They're everywhere. They're like the official mascots of Kiri Kere.
- Evening: Dinner at the pousada. The food? Simple, delicious, and plentiful. The caipirinhas? Strong. Very, very strong.
- Emotional Reaction: The first caipirinha hit me like a tidal wave of happiness. I'm in Brazil! I'm away from work! I'm surrounded by beauty and good vibes! This is… perfect. (Except for the mosquitoes. Those little vampires.)
- Minor Category: The Mosquito Situation (Rant Alert!) Okay, the mosquitoes. They are relentless. I'm talking a full-blown invasion. I've applied enough bug spray to repel a small army, yet they still find me. They're like tiny, buzzing ninjas. I swear, one of them winked at me before biting my ankle. This is war, people. War!
Day 2: Beach Bliss (and a Near-Disaster)
- Morning: Breakfast at the pousada. Fresh fruit, strong coffee (thank GOD), and the best cheese bread I've ever tasted. I may have eaten three. Okay, four. No regrets.
- Anecdote: Tried to order my coffee in Portuguese. Utterly failed. Result? Ended up with a double espresso that could have jumpstarted a car. My eyes are still vibrating.
- Late Morning: Off to the beach! Praia da Barra, supposedly one of the best. And it is. Absolutely stunning. The sand is white, the water is turquoise, and the sun is… intense.
- Beach Time Mishaps: We rented a beach umbrella. Good call. Sun is brutal. We tried to swim. The waves were strong. I got tumbled around like a sock in a washing machine. Lost my sunglasses in the ocean. (Sob!)
- Quirky Observation: Brazilians. They are stylish. Even at the beach. I felt like a frumpy tourist in my oversized hat and SPF 50. Next time, I'm bringing a Brazilian-style bikini, even if I have to spend the next year at the gym.
- Afternoon: Lunch at a beachside bar. Fresh seafood, more caipirinhas (I'm starting to see a pattern here…), and the sound of the waves. Pure bliss.
- Emotional Reaction: At this point, I'm officially in love with Brazil. Everything feels vibrant, alive, and utterly joyful.
- Afternoon (Part 2): This is where things get interesting. We decided to try stand-up paddleboarding. I, being the graceful swan that I am, promptly fell off. Repeatedly. My husband, however… he was a natural. (Cue the eye roll.)
- Near-Disaster: While attempting to look cool, I drifted a bit too far out. The current started pulling me. Panic set in. I was flailing, yelling, and generally looking like an idiot. Thankfully, a local fisherman saw my plight and paddled over to help. Saved by a Brazilian! (My husband, meanwhile, was still gliding effortlessly across the water. Grrr.)
- Evening: Back to the pousada. Shower, change, and collapse on the bed. Exhausted but happy.
- Messier Structure: I realize I'm probably missing some of the planned "activities". We were going to hike, explore the nearby town, blah blah blah. Honestly? I just wanted to soak up the sun, drink caipirinhas, and not think about spreadsheets or deadlines. And, you know, survive the Mosquito War.
Day 3: Exploring the Region (and a Culinary Adventure)
- Morning: We're actually going to be productive. Sort of. We're taking a day trip. The plan? A guided tour to a nearby waterfall and the local market.
- Anecdote: Our guide? A charming, slightly eccentric local named Joao. He speaks English with a thick accent and has a laugh that could shatter glass. He also drives like a maniac. Buckle up!
- Waterfall Wonder: The waterfall was beautiful. Lush, green, and the water was refreshingly cool. I even braved a dip. (The Mosquito War was briefly suspended in the waterfall's spray.)
- Quirky Observation: Brazilian waterfalls are apparently home to tiny, aggressive fish that like to nibble on your feet. I spent the entire time shrieking and trying to avoid them. My husband found it hilarious.
- Afternoon: The local market. A sensory overload! Colors, smells, and sounds everywhere. Fresh produce, handmade crafts, and the most delicious-looking street food.
- Culinary Adventure: We decided to be brave and try a local delicacy. Something called "acarajé". It's a deep-fried bean cake filled with shrimp and a spicy sauce.
- Doubling Down on Experience (Acarajé): Okay, let's talk about the Acarajé. I'm not going to lie. It looked a little… intimidating. But the aroma was intoxicating. The vendor, a woman with a smile as bright as the sun, insisted we try it. So we did.
- Emotional Reaction (Acarajé): HOLY. MOLY. That's all I can say. The first bite? A symphony of textures and flavors. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, spicy, savory, and utterly divine. I immediately ordered another one. And then another. And then… well, let's just say I ate my weight in Acarajé. It was messy, it was spicy, and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I'm now officially addicted. I'm already dreaming of it.
- Evening: Back at the pousada, stuffed, happy, and slightly sunburnt. More caipirinhas, of course.
- Opinionated Language: Sao Mateus? It's not perfect. The infrastructure is a bit rough around the edges. But the people? The food? The beaches? The overwhelming sense of joy? It's worth every single mosquito bite, every pothole, and every lost pair of sunglasses. Come here. Just come. You won't regret it. And bring me some Acarajé!
Day 4: Departure (and The Mosquito War's Final Victory)
- Morning: The dreaded packing. Saying goodbye to Kiri Kere. (Sob!)
- Anecdote: Woke up with about a million mosquito bites. The Mosquito War, it seems, had its final victory.
- Breakfast: One last, glorious breakfast.
- Emotional Reaction: Leaving Brazil is bittersweet. Sad to go, but happy for the memories.
- Departure: Off to the airport (shed). Goodbye, Sao Mateus! I'll be back! And next time, I'm bringing a flamethrower for the mosquitoes.
- Minor Category: Things I Learned:
- I need to learn Portuguese.
- Caipirinhas are dangerous.
- Acarajé is life.
- Mosquitoes are the enemy.
- Brazil is amazing.
This is just a starting point. Your experience at Pousada Kiri Kere, and in Sao Mateus, will be your own unique adventure. Embrace the mess, the imperfections, the unexpected moments. And for the love of
Eriza Hotel Erzincan: Your Unforgettable Turkish Escape Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Pousada Kiri Kere's São Mateus Secret – Your Brain's Rambling Guide
So, Kiri Kere… is it *really* paradise? And what's this "secret" everyone's whispering about?
Alright, let's be honest. Paradise? It’s a *strong* word. Kiri Kere is… well, it’s damn close. Picture this: you, swaying palm trees, the ocean practically lapping at your doorstep (well, maybe a short walk, depending on your room). The "secret"? Okay, it's not really a government secret, but it *feels* like one. It's the feeling of *untamed* beauty. Forget crowded beaches. This is São Mateus, and it's like the world forgot to tell anyone it was this gorgeous. The secret is, you're going to want to keep it a secret. I almost didn't write this – I selfishly wanted to keep it all to myself!
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they… luxurious? Rustic? Do they have air conditioning that *actually* works?
Okay, luxury is a relative term, right? Let's call it "rustic charm with a touch of elegance." Think exposed beams, maybe a mosquito net (bless those things!), and a balcony that practically begs you to drink caipirinhas at sunset. The air conditioning… well, I'll be straight with you. It *mostly* works. There was one night, the humidity was so thick you could cut it with a machete, and the AC was… taking a nap. I ended up sleeping with the balcony doors open, listening to the waves. Not the *worst* experience, to be honest. It felt wild and free. Just pack some extra layers in case you're a cold sleeper, like my wife, bless her heart.
The food. Tell me about the food. I'm a hungry traveler.
Oh. My. God. The food. Okay, deep breath. Forget your diet. You're in Brazil. You're on vacation. You're at Kiri Kere. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it. It's a *crime* to miss it. Fresh fruit you've never even seen before, pastries that practically melt in your mouth, and the coffee… strong enough to raise the dead (in a good way, of course). Lunch and dinner? Expect fresh seafood, the freshest you've ever tasted. One day, I swear, I saw the octopus *winking* at me before it ended up on my plate. And the *moqueca*… the seafood stew? I’m still dreaming about it. Seriously, book a second week just for the food. You won't regret it, unless you're a vegetarian, then you might have a slight problem but they'll still make you something delicious, I'm sure.
What's there to *do* besides eat and stare at the ocean? (Though, let's be honest, that sounds pretty good.)
Okay, okay, I get it. You're not *entirely* content with a hammock and a plate of grilled fish. Well, you can:
- Explore the beaches: Some are practically deserted. You can walk for miles and not see another soul. Bring sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen. And a hat. And maybe a small umbrella for the *really* sunny spots.
- Go snorkeling/diving: The water is crystal clear. You'll see fish you've only seen in Finding Nemo. I saw a sea turtle! I almost cried.
- Take a boat trip: Explore the coastline, go dolphin-watching (I didn't see any, but I heard they were there!).
- Hike: There are some beautiful trails. But be warned: the humidity is real. Bring water. A *lot* of water. And maybe a spare shirt. You will sweat. A lot.
- Do… nothing: Honestly, the best thing to do is *nothing*. Read a book. Nap in a hammock. Just… be. It's what Kiri Kere is all about.
The staff. Are they friendly? Do they speak English? Because my Portuguese is… well, let's just say it's "emerging."
The staff? They're angels. Seriously. They're genuinely warm and welcoming. And yes, most of them speak some English, enough to get by. But honestly? Embrace the language barrier! Learn a few basic Portuguese phrases. Try to order your food without pointing. You'll fumble. You'll probably say something completely wrong. But you'll also laugh. And that's part of the fun. They're patient. They're kind. They're the reason you feel so relaxed and at home. I swear, they made me feel like family. I still miss them.
Okay, lay it on me. What's the *worst* part? There has to be *something*.
Alright, fine. There are a few… “minor inconveniences.” First, the journey. Getting to São Mateus is a bit of a trek. You'll probably have to fly into a larger airport and then take a transfer, which can be bumpy. And the internet? Let's just say it's not the fastest. Embrace the digital detox! Also, mosquitos. They're persistent. Bring bug spray. And… I had one slightly grumpy day because the AC wasn't cooperating, and I'm a whiny baby when I'm hot. But honestly? Those are very minor things. Compared to the sheer, unadulterated *magic* of the place? They're nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Is it worth the price? Because let's be real, travel isn't cheap.
Okay, the price. It's not bargain-basement, sure. But is it worth it? Absolutely. Consider what you're getting: genuine tranquility, unspoiled beauty, incredible food, and a level of service that makes you feel like royalty (without the stuffy pretense). I’ve spent more on vacations that were far less memorable. Think of it as an investment in your sanity. An investment in your well-being. An investment in… *me* wanting to go back. Seriously, start saving now. You won't regret it.
Tell me *one* specific moment that defines the Kiri Kere experience. Like, the *essence* of it.
Okay, here it is. It was the second night, I think. We’d had a long day, swimming, exploring the beach, that delicious seafood moqueca I mentioned. We were sitting on our balcony, drinking caipJet Set Hotels

