
Escape to Paradise: Tsakanos Apartments Await on Milos Island!
Escape to Paradise: Tsakanos Apartments - Milos Island! (A Review That Doesn't Lie…Maybe)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to tell you about Tsakanos Apartments on Milos Island. And trust me, this isn't your average, sanitized travel blog post. This is the REAL DEAL. I'm talking opinions, maybe a little hyperbole, and definitely some rambling. You've been warned.
First Impressions (and a Little Panic):
Landing on Milos is… well, it’s breathtaking. Turquoise water, dramatic cliffs, and a feeling like you've stumbled onto a postcard. Finding Tsakanos? Slightly less postcard-perfect. The directions were… Greek. Literally. But the moment you pull up, that initial “did I book the right place?” feeling evaporates. It's welcoming. It's… well, it’s there, and that’s a good start.
Accessibility - The Good, The Bad, and the Slightly Confusing:
Alright, let's be honest. I'm not in a wheelchair, so I can't give a definitive YES or NO on full wheelchair accessibility. But from what I saw, Facilities for disabled guests are listed, which is a starting point. The elevator helped, but I didn't see a ton of ramps everywhere, so I'd strongly suggest contacting Tsakanos directly before booking if you have any specific mobility needs. They seem super helpful, and they'll know the real deal.
Cleanliness and Safety - Breathe Easy (Mostly):
Okay, this is where I felt the good vibes kicking in. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely. They were taking things seriously. I even saw staff diligently wiping down surfaces. And I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so trust me, I'm paying attention! They even had hand sanitizer everywhere. It was reassuring, especially in these times. The Staff trained in safety protocol were clearly in place, which gave me a good feeling.
Rooms - My Little Paradise (and the Occasional Mosquito):
My apartment? Glorious. Air conditioning blasting (bless!), a desk for pretending to work (I mostly didn't), and a private bathroom that was sparkling. The mini bar was a lifesaver (hello, late-night snacks!). The bed? Oh, the bed. Extra long bed? Maybe. Cozy, supportive, and I slept like a log. The Wi-Fi [free] was a godsend, because, you know, Instagram. And the window that opens? Crucial for letting in the salty sea breeze (and, unfortunately, the occasional mosquito. But hey, it's Greece!). I really appreciated the bathrobes and slippers, it made me feel like a pampered queen. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for those lazy mornings. The in-room safe box was a nice touch for peace of mind.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure (and My Belly):
Okay, let's talk food. No, there wasn't a Michelin-starred chef whipping up haute cuisine, but you know what? That's not what Milos is about. The breakfast [buffet] was solid. Breakfast service was friendly. They had the basics: eggs, pastries, fruit, and the all-important coffee. Coffee/tea in restaurant was always available. I ate at the restaurants a few times, and the international cuisine was pretty good. The bar was a perfect place to chill, and the poolside bar was even better. The bottle of water was a nice touch. The Snack bar was ideal for a quick bite. I also made use of the Room service [24-hour] a couple of times, because, vacation. The salad in restaurant was a refreshing choice.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - From Beach Bum to Spa Junkie (and Everything in Between):
This is where Tsakanos REALLY shines, and where I spent most of my time. The Swimming pool [outdoor]? Stunning. The Pool with view? Even better. I spent hours just floating, staring at the turquoise water. Pure bliss. It had that perfect temperature. Ways to relax: I loved the Sauna and the Spa/sauna. It was perfect after a long day of exploring. I would have loved a Body scrub or Body wrap, but didn't get the chance. The Fitness center seemed pretty decent, but I spent most of my time on the beach, so I didn't use it. It's a shame I didn't get a Massage.
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter (and The Slightly Annoying):
- Air conditioning in public area: A must-have in the Milos heat!
- Cash withdrawal: Convenient.
- Concierge: Helpful for booking excursions and offering local tips.
- Daily housekeeping: My room always felt fresh and clean.
- Doorman: A nice touch.
- Elevator: Essential for getting around.
- Facilities for disabled guests: See accessibility section (contact them directly for specifics).
- Laundry service: Very useful for keeping your clothes clean.
- Luggage storage: Great for late check-outs or early arrivals.
- Safety deposit boxes: Peace of mind for your valuables.
- Smoking area: For those who partake.
- Terrace: Perfect for enjoying a drink with a view.
- Wi-Fi for special events: If you are planning a wedding, contact them.
Getting Around - Navigating Paradise:
- Airport transfer: Book it! Makes arrival and departure a breeze.
- Car park [free of charge]: A huge plus. Renting a car is the best way to explore Milos.
- Taxi service: Available, but renting a car is better for exploring.
For the Kids - Family Fun (or Not, Depending on Your Kids):
I didn't have kids with me, but the hotel seemed Family/child friendly. They have Kids facilities and they offer Babysitting service, which is great for parents who want some alone time.
My Emotional Breakdown (I Mean, Review):
Okay, let's get real. I went to Milos wanting to escape, to disconnect, to breathe. And Tsakanos Apartments helped me do that. I was stressed and burnt out, and I left feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and slightly sunburnt. The staff were friendly, the views were incredible, and I genuinely felt like I'd stumbled upon a hidden gem.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing is Perfect):
- The Wi-Fi, while generally good, occasionally sputtered. (First-world problems, I know).
- The food, while tasty, wasn’t gourmet. But honestly, who cares? You're in Greece!
Final Verdict:
Escape to Paradise: Tsakanos Apartments? Absolutely, YES! It's not the fanciest, most luxurious hotel, but it's comfortable, clean, well-located, and offers everything you need for a perfect Milos getaway. It's the kind of place that feels like home, even if home is a stunning Greek island.
And Now, The Persuasive Offer (Because I Want You To Go!):
Tired of the daily grind? Craving turquoise waters, dramatic cliffs, and a taste of authentic Greek life?
Book your escape to Tsakanos Apartments on Milos Island NOW and receive:
- A guaranteed upgrade to a room with a sea view (subject to availability). Imagine waking up to that every morning!
- A complimentary bottle of local wine on arrival. Because you deserve it.
- A discount on a private boat tour to explore the secret coves and beaches of Milos. (Seriously, do this. It's incredible!)
- Flexible booking and cancellation policies. We know things can change!
- And the peace of mind knowing that Tsakanos Apartments is committed to your safety and well-being.
Don't just dream of paradise. Escape to it. Book your stay at Tsakanos Apartments today!
(Click Here to Book Your Escape!)
P.S. Tell them the slightly-unhinged reviewer sent you. Maybe they'll give you an extra slice of cake at breakfast. No promises, but it's worth a shot!
Croatia's Hidden Gem: Apartment N&N Omis - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt at conquering Milos, and let me tell you, the island's already winning. We're at Tsakanos Apartments, which, for the record, is a gorgeous little slice of heaven. Okay, here we go…
Milos: A Hot Mess's Guide (AKA My Itinerary)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (aka "Where's the Damn Beach?")
- Morning (ish): Landed in Milos. The airport is… tiny. Like, "could-probably-walk-across-it-in-a-minute" tiny. Which, honestly, is charming. Except when you're stressed about your luggage appearing. It did, eventually. Thank. God.
- Mid-Morning: Taxi to Tsakanos Apartments. The drive? Stunning. Seriously, postcard-worthy. My jaw actually dropped. I think I might have drooled a little. (Don't judge me, the sun was intense.)
- Afternoon: Unpacked. Briefly. Then, immediate crisis. "WHERE IS THE BEACH?!" Apparently, it’s a short walk. But I'm already sweating and my phone is at 30%. This is going well.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Found the beach! (Plathiena beach). It was… perfect. The water was crystal clear, the sand was that perfect, soft, powdery texture. I swear I saw a mermaid. Okay, maybe it was just a really tanned local woman. But still. Magic. Ate some grilled octopus at a taverna. It tasted of sunshine and pure joy. I may or may not have ordered a second plate. And a bottle of wine. Don’t tell anyone.
- Night: Back at the apartment. Currently battling mosquitoes. They're relentless. Also, trying to figure out how the heck the air conditioning works. It appears to be a battle of wills. I think I’m losing.
Day 2: Sarakiniko & The Great Selfie Debacle
- Morning: Breakfast on the balcony. The view? Ridiculous. Seriously, I could get used to this. The coffee? Surprisingly strong. Which I desperately needed after the mosquito war.
- Mid-Morning: Sarakiniko! Oh. My. God. It's like another planet. White, lunar-like rock formations dipping into the bluest water you've ever seen. I spent a good hour just wandering around, gaping. And taking approximately 783 photos.
- Midday: The Great Selfie Debacle. Attempting to capture the sheer, unadulterated beauty of Sarakiniko. Result: 13 blurry photos, one photo of my nose, and a near-death experience involving a rogue wave. Note to self: learn to use the timer function. And maybe invest in a waterproof phone case.
- Afternoon: Found a little cove and swam. The water was so clear, you could see the fish. It was glorious. I almost forgot about the selfie humiliation. Almost.
- Evening: Dinner at a taverna in Plaka. Ate some more grilled octopus (obsessed, I know). The sunset was breathtaking. I actually teared up a little. Don't tell anyone. Then, wandered around the charming streets, got lost (again!), and bought a ridiculously overpriced souvenir. Regrets? Zero.
- Night: More mosquito warfare. The air conditioning is still a mystery. I suspect it's sentient and hates me.
Day 3: Boat Trip & The Sea Monster Scare
- Morning: Finally figured out the air conditioning. Victory is mine! (For now.)
- Mid-Morning: Boat trip! Hopped on a boat to explore the island's coastline and hidden coves. The water was even bluer from the sea. I’m starting to think the Greeks invented the color blue.
- Afternoon: Snorkeling! Saw amazing fish, swam in caves, and felt like a mermaid (again). Until… I saw something HUGE. A shadow. A dark shape. My brain immediately went to "sea monster." I screamed, I swear I saw the captain jump. Turns out, it was just a large rock formation. I am officially a drama queen. But still. Terrifying.
- Late Afternoon: Continued the boat trip. More swimming, more sun, more happiness. Feeling like I'm finally starting to chill.
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant in Pollonia. Ate fresh seafood. Drank more wine. Watched the sunset. Life is good. Incredibly, wonderfully, overwhelmingly good.
- Night: Feeling slightly tipsy. Planning my escape from the mosquito army. May or may not involve a mosquito net the size of a small tent.
Day 4: Adamas & The Great Melian War
- Morning: Explored Adamas, the main port town. Cute shops, colorful buildings, and a general sense of "chill." Bought a hat. Needed it. The sun is brutal.
- Mid-Morning: Visited the Milos Mining Museum. Actually fascinating! Learned about the island's mining history. Who knew?
- Afternoon: Discovered a beach called Papafragas. Absolutely stunning. But… treacherous. Steep steps down. Slippery rocks. I may or may not have almost fallen and broken my neck. Worth it? Absolutely.
- Late Afternoon: The Great Melian War (aka, the struggle to find a decent coffee). Seriously. The coffee situation in Milos is… inconsistent. I've had some amazing coffee. And some… well, let's just say it tasted like dishwater. The quest continues.
- Evening: Dinner at a taverna. Ate a massive Greek salad. Feeling full, happy, and slightly sunburnt. I'm starting to look like a lobster.
- Night: The mosquito war rages on. I'm convinced they're plotting my demise.
Day 5: Last Day & The "I Don't Want to Leave" Blues
- Morning: One last swim at that perfect beach. Sat on the sand. Just soaked it all in. Tried to memorize the smell of the air. The sound of the waves. The feeling of the sun on my skin.
- Mid-Morning: Breakfast on the balcony. Said goodbye to that incredible view. Feeling a pang of sadness.
- Afternoon: Packed. Cried a little. (Okay, maybe a lot.)
- Late Afternoon: Checked out of Tsakanos Apartments. Said goodbye to the lovely owners. They were so kind. I already miss them.
- Evening: Taxi to the airport. Said goodbye to Milos. Already planning my return.
- Night: On the plane. Looking back at the photos. Smiling. Dreaming of grilled octopus, crystal-clear water, and the mosquito-free future.
Final Thoughts:
Milos, you magnificent, chaotic, beautiful island. You've stolen my heart. And maybe a little bit of my sanity. But mostly my heart. I'll be back. And next time, I'm bringing a stronger mosquito repellent and a waterproof phone case. And maybe a therapist. Just in case.
**Score a World Cup 2018 Apartment Near Nizhny Novgorod's Fan Zone!**
Escape to Paradise: Tsakanos Apartments - Milos Island! (Or, My Brain After Milos)
Okay, so... Tsakanos Apartments. Are they *actually* paradise? Like, seriously? Because the photos...
Alright, alright, settle down, Instagram. Look, the photos? They're good. *Really* good. But paradise? That's a big word. Let me put it this way: after a week at Tsakanos, my brain felt like a perfectly ripe fig, all juicy and… content. The views? Killer. The apartment itself? Clean. (I'm a *clean* freak, so that's HUGE.) And the little balcony? Oh, the balcony. More on that later. So, paradise-adjacent? Yeah, probably. Paradise-adjacent with a side of feta cheese and a whole lot of sunshine. But, you know... no place is *perfect*.
What's the *deal* with Milos Island? Is it just another Greek island, or what?
Okay, Milos. Prepare yourself. It's not just another pretty face. I'd heard whispers of its beauty, but honestly? I was skeptical. I'd been to Santorini, you know? Seen the postcard stuff. Milos? It's… different. It's got this raw, wild beauty. The beaches are INSANE. Think white sand, turquoise water, and dramatic cliffs. And the food? Oh. My. God. The freshest seafood you'll ever taste. I'm still dreaming of the grilled octopus. Seriously. And the people? So incredibly friendly and welcoming. Unlike, say, that one waiter in Mykonos who clearly hated tourists. (Rant for another time.) Milos felt… authentic. Like, real life. Not a curated experience. And that, my friends, is priceless.
Let's talk location. How close are Tsakanos Apartments to... well, anything?
Tsakanos is in Pollonia. Pollonia is… charming. It’s a small, laid-back fishing village. Think whitewashed buildings, colorful fishing boats bobbing in the harbor, and a general feeling of "slow down, you crazy fool." The apartments themselves? A short walk to the beach, which is perfect because I *hate* schlepping. (Packing light is a skill I'm still working on.) Restaurants? Plenty. Little tavernas serving up the aforementioned amazing seafood. Shops? A few, for souvenirs and essentials. It’s not a party town, which, for me, was a HUGE plus. I'm more of a "sunset with a glass of wine" kind of gal, not a "dancing on tables" kinda gal. (Though, after a few glasses of that local wine, maybe the table-dancing would have been... interesting.) You'll need a car or ATV to explore the rest of the island (which you absolutely should!), but Pollonia itself is totally walkable and wonderfully relaxing.
The apartments themselves... What are they *really* like? Don't spare the details. I need to know!
Okay, the apartments. They're clean. Did I mention that? Seriously, I'm talking gleaming surfaces, fresh linens, and no sign of that dreaded "musty vacation rental" smell. (Thank GOD.) They're spacious enough. Not palatial, but perfectly comfortable. They've got the basics: a kitchenette (which, let's be honest, I mostly used for making coffee and opening wine), a comfortable bed, and a bathroom that doesn't feel like a cramped airplane toilet. The decor is simple and tasteful – think clean lines, neutral colors, and pops of that glorious Greek blue. But the *best* part? THE BALCONY. Oh, the balcony. I spent hours out there. Eating breakfast, reading, watching the sunset… I even did some (very amateur) yoga. It was my little sanctuary. My happy place. The only slight imperfection? The wifi wasn't always rock solid. But honestly? I welcomed the digital detox. It forced me to actually *enjoy* the moment. (And, you know, maybe check Instagram a *little* less.)
Okay, let's get down to the brass tacks: the price. Is it a budget-buster?
Alright, the money talk. Look, Milos isn't *cheap*. It's not like you're backpacking through Southeast Asia. But Tsakanos Apartments? They're reasonably priced, especially considering the location, the cleanliness, and the overall quality. It's definitely not a budget-buster, unless you're planning on eating lobster every night (which, let's be real, I *wanted* to). I found it to be a great value for what you get. Think of it this way: you're paying for a slice of paradise. And trust me, that slice is worth it. Plus, think of all the money you'll save by not having to pay for therapy after a stressful vacation! (Worth every penny, in my opinion.) I'd say check their website for current rates, but expect to pay a little more during peak season. Book in advance, too. These places are popular, and for good reason.
Speaking of booking... any tips? Any hidden gotchas I should know about?
Booking? Easy peasy. Check their website, or go through your favorite booking platform. Just… book early. Seriously. Don't be like me and wait until the last minute, then have to scramble for a less-than-ideal option. Also, read the fine print. Cancellation policies, etc. The usual stuff. No hidden gotchas that I recall, but I'm also notoriously bad at reading the fine print. (My eyesight is… improving! Slowly.) And… pack light! (Still working on that one.) Oh! One thing. Rent a car! Seriously. Don't try to rely on buses. You'll miss out on so much of Milos's beauty. The roads are good, the driving is relatively easy (compared to, say, Rome… shudder). And you'll have the freedom to explore those hidden coves and beaches. Trust me on this one.
Okay, you mentioned the balcony a few times. Spill the beans. What was your *best* balcony moment?
Alright, the balcony. This is where it gets… emotional. (Don't judge me.) The best balcony moment? Okay, picture this: It's my last night. The sun is setting, painting the sky in these unbelievable shades of orange and pink. I'm sitting on the balcony, glass of local wine in hand (obviously), the gentle sea breeze caressing my face. The air is filled with the scent of bougainvillea. And... I'm alone. (I was traveling solo, which, for me, is the ultimate luxury.) I'm just… *present*. No phone, no distractions, just the beauty of the moment. And then, the sunset. It was so breathtakingly gorgeous, it actually made me tear up a little. (DonFind That Hotel

