
Escape to Lübeck: Your Dream Stay at Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive deep into the Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel in Lübeck, a place that, let me tell you, is trying very hard to be your dream escape. And honestly? They're mostly succeeding. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session for your travel anxieties.
First, the Gush (and the Grumbles): The Big Picture
Right off the bat, let's be real. This hotel screams "Instagrammable." Think clean lines, bright whites, and ocean views that'll make your feed explode. It looks amazing. And the promise? A luxurious getaway where you can, as the name suggests, find your "Lieblingsplatz" – your favorite spot. They're trying to cater to everyone, from the hardcore spa-goer to the family with a screaming toddler (more on that later).
SEO Alert! (Because let's be honest, that's why we're here, right?) Keywords galore: Lübeck hotel, Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel review, accessible hotel Lübeck, spa hotel Germany, family-friendly hotel Lübeck, beachfront hotel Lübeck, luxury hotel Lübeck, free Wi-Fi Lübeck, pet-friendly hotel Lübeck (kinda, maybe).
Accessibility: The Tightrope Walk
Okay, so this is where things get… complicated. The hotel claims accessibility. They've got facilities for disabled guests, an elevator, and generally seem to be making an effort. BUT (and it's a big but), specific details are often missing. Wheelchair accessible is listed, but to what extent? Is the pool lift-equipped? Are the bathrooms truly accessible, or just "sort of" accessible? This is the kind of thing that makes me twitch. (Important: Always, always contact the hotel directly to confirm specific accessibility needs. Don't just trust a list.)
On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Unclear. Again, call and ask! The website isn't super forthcoming.
Internet: Wi-Fi Everywhere (Hallelujah!)
This is a win! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And not just the flaky, barely-there kind. It was actually decent, and I could stream movies without wanting to throw my laptop out the window. They also have Internet [LAN] if you're old-school, and Wi-Fi in public areas. Because, you know, the world needs to know you're enjoying that cappuccino.
Things to Do: Relaxation Central (Mostly)
This is where Strandperle truly shines. They've got a pool with a view, a sauna, a spa, and a steamroom. The fitness center is… well, it exists. It’s not a sprawling gym, but it's got the basics. I personally spent most of my time in the sauna, which was pure bliss. The massage was amazing – I'm still dreaming of that masseuse. Foot bath? Don’t mind if I do! Body scrub and body wrap? Yes, please! The focus is definitely on unwinding.
The Spa Experience: My Personal Paradise (and a Minor Panic Attack)
Okay, let's talk about the spa. It's gorgeous. Seriously, picture this: fluffy robes, soft lighting, the scent of eucalyptus… and the silence. I booked a full day, and it was glorious. Floating in the swimming pool, gazing at the view… pure zen. Until, of course, I realized I'd left my phone in the locker. Then, the internal monologue started: "Did I lock the locker? Is my phone safe? What if someone steals my photos?!" This is the price of relaxation, folks. But the spa staff were incredibly helpful and reassuring, and the phone was safe. Crisis averted. The Spa/sauna were truly the highlight of the stay.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Pandemic Edition
They're taking things seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing, professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, staff trained in safety protocol, sterilizing equipment. It's a lot. It can feel a little… clinical at times. But hey, at least you know they're trying. Cashless payment service is also a plus.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast (and a Few Misses)
The food is… inconsistent. The breakfast [buffet] is good, though I wish they had more vegan options. Asian breakfast? Nope. Asian cuisine in restaurant? Occasionally. The restaurants are generally pretty good, with a mix of international cuisine and some Western cuisine. The poolside bar is a must for a cocktail with a view. The desserts in restaurant were divine. The happy hour was a nice touch. The room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver when you're feeling lazy.
- The Bad: The vegetarian restaurant isn't technically a restaurant. It's a few vegetarian options in the main restaurant. The salad in restaurant was a bit… sad. The soup in restaurant was lukewarm.
- The Quirky: One morning, I ordered breakfast in room, and it arrived with a single, perfect rose. I have no idea why. But it made me smile.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They've got a ton of stuff. Air conditioning in public area, a concierge, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, gift/souvenir shop, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, safety deposit boxes, terrace, Wi-Fi for special events… Basically, they're trying to make your life easy. Contactless check-in/out is a breeze.
For the Kids: Mixed Bag
Family/child friendly is listed. They have babysitting service and kids meal. But, the overall vibe is more geared towards adults. This isn't a Disneyland.
Rooms: The Cozy Cocoon
My room was lovely. Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens. The soundproofing was excellent – I didn't hear a peep from my neighbors. I loved the slippers – a small thing, but it made a difference. The extra long bed was a dream. Additional toilet? Nope.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
Airport transfer, bicycle parking, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], car power charging station, taxi service, valet parking. Getting there and getting around is a breeze.
The Imperfection: The "Almost" Pet-Friendly Situation
They say pets allowed unavailable. Okay, so I'm a dog person. I was really hoping to bring my furry companion. While the hotel doesn't officially allow pets, I did see a couple of very small, well-behaved dogs. Maybe it's a case-by-case basis? (Again: Call and ask! Don't just assume.)
The Verdict: Should You Go?
Yes. Absolutely. If you're looking for a relaxing escape, this is a great choice. It's beautiful, it's well-equipped, and the spa is worth the price of admission alone. Just remember to:
- Double-check accessibility needs.
- Prepare for a slightly inconsistent dining experience.
- Embrace the Instagram-worthiness.
- Pack your bathing suit. And maybe a book.
The Offer: Your Dream Escape Awaits!
Escape to Lübeck: Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel – Your Ultimate Relaxation Retreat!
Tired of the daily grind? Craving a luxurious getaway? Then look no further! Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel in Lübeck is calling your name.
Here's what awaits you:
- Unwind in our award-winning spa: Featuring a stunning pool with a view, a sauna, and a steamroom. Let our expert masseuses melt your stress away with a blissful massage.
- Indulge your taste buds: Enjoy delicious meals at our restaurants, with a mix of international cuisine, and Western cuisine. Sip cocktails at our poolside bar and savor the moment.
- Stay connected with ease: Enjoy free Wi-Fi in all rooms and a dedicated laptop workspace to keep you connected while you relax.

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… well, this is me, in Lübeck, at the Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel, probably slightly tipsy on whatever German beer I've managed to get my hands on. Here we go…
Lübeck: My Soul's Seaside Seduction (and Potential Sausage Mishaps)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pretzel Conspiracy
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Hamburg Airport (HAJ). Okay, so, first hiccup. My flight was delayed. Not massively, just enough to make me sweat and mutter about airline food. Seriously, who designs airplane meals? It's like they're actively trying to make you hate eating.
- 2:30 PM: Train to Lübeck. Smooth sailing, surprisingly. I swear, German trains are like the gods of punctuality. Maybe I’m just easily impressed.
- 3:30 PM: Check into Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel. It's adorable! Like, seriously, postcard-worthy adorable. The room? Tiny, but charming. And the view… straight onto the Baltic Sea. I could get used to this. Already mentally planning my escape from reality.
- 4:00 PM: The Great Pretzel Incident. Okay, so I'm wandering around the old town, utterly enchanted, when I see it: a pretzel. A glorious, glistening pretzel. I buy it. It’s HUGE. I take a bite… and it’s… stale. Like, teeth-chipping stale. I’m devastated. Is this some kind of elaborate German conspiracy to make tourists weep? I wander around for an hour, dejected and pretzel-less.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a random restaurant (the name escapes me, I'm blaming the pretzel trauma). Schnitzel. Massive schnitzel. I eat it all. Regret is a dish best served… heartily.
- 8:00 PM: Walk along the Trave River. Magical. The lights, the boats, the crisp air… I feel like I'm in a fairytale. This is why I travel. This is why I endure airport food. This is why I forgive the pretzel gods.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Exhausted. Happy.
Day 2: Marzipan Mayhem and a Questionable Beer Garden
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Okay, the breakfast buffet is… decent. The coffee, however, is the weak link. I need a caffeine intervention. Immediately.
- 10:00 AM: The Marzipan Museum. OH. MY. GOD. Marzipan heaven! I'm talking mountains of marzipan, molded into every conceivable shape. Little pigs, adorable mice, tiny loaves of bread… I buy way too much. My suitcase will be a marzipan bomb by the time I leave. I also try making some. Failed miserably, but it was fun.
- 12:00 PM: St. Mary’s Church. Seriously impressive. The architecture is mind-blowing. I sit there for a while, just… absorbing it. I’m not particularly religious, but I appreciate a good, old, impressive building.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch: currywurst from a street vendor. Okay, this redeems the pretzel incident. Delicious! Spicy! Messy! Perfect!
- 2:00 PM: Explore Holstentor. The iconic gate! Took approximately 500 photos. I'm a cliché, I know, but whatever. It's beautiful.
- 3:00 PM: The Beer Garden Fiasco. I find a beer garden. It looks promising! I order a beer. It's… not great. The atmosphere is a bit… subdued. Turns out, I've wandered into a gathering of very serious chess players. I feel utterly out of place, like I've stumbled into a secret society. I quickly finish my beer and make a hasty retreat.
- 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Beach Time! The Baltic Sea is bracing, refreshing, and a little bit cold!
- 8:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant with a view of the sea. Fish. Fresh fish. Wine. All is right with the world. The sunset is spectacular. I'm starting to think I could live here.
Day 3: Concentration Camp Memorial and the Soul-Searching Sausage
- 9:00 AM: Final hotel breakfast. Still no coffee improvement, but I’m getting used to the idea.
- 10:00 AM: Visit the Concentration Camp Memorial at Neuengamme. This is a difficult, but necessary, experience. It's emotionally draining, but important to remember. It's a stark reminder of the horrors of the past, and it leaves me with a deep sense of respect for the resilience of the human spirit.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch: Another currywurst, because, hey, I'm here. This time, from a different vendor. This one is… okay. Not quite as good as yesterday's.
- 2:00 PM: Wander through the old town one last time. I buy a few souvenirs, mostly marzipan.
- 3:00 PM: The Sausage Revelation. I find a tiny sausage shop. The aroma is intoxicating. I order a Bratwurst. This is it. This is the sausage I've been waiting for. Perfectly grilled, perfectly seasoned, a symphony of flavor in my mouth. I eat it slowly, savoring every bite. It’s a moment of pure, unadulterated joy. This sausage… this sausage redeems everything. The stale pretzel, the mediocre beer garden, even the airplane food. This sausage is the reason I travel.
- 4:00 PM: Pack my bags. Sob a little.
- 5:00 PM: Train to Hamburg Airport.
- 6:00 PM: Depart from Hamburg Airport.
Final Thoughts:
Lübeck is magical. It's beautiful, it's charming, and it's home to some seriously good sausages. The Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel is a perfect base. Even the pretzel incident couldn't ruin it. I'll be back. And next time, I'm bringing my own coffee.
Unveiling Palazzo Minelli: Sala Bolognese's Hidden Gem!
Okay, so, Strandperle Lieblingsplatz Hotel... Is it *really* as dreamy as the pictures? Because, let's be honest, Instagram lies.
The location! Is it actually *on* the beach? Because "beachfront" can be… misleading.
What's the food like? I'm a foodie. Don't disappoint me.
Are the rooms clean? Because I have *issues* with cleanliness.
Is it family-friendly? I have… small humans.
What's the vibe of the hotel? Is it all stuffy and formal?
Are there any downsides? Because every place has them. Don't sugarcoat it.

