
Unbelievable Izu Escape: Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel Awaits!
Unbelievable Izu Escape: Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel Awaits! – My Messy, Wonderful, and Slightly Chaotic Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel and, honestly? I'm still unpacking the experience. It was… a LOT. And I mean that in the best, most overwhelming, "I need another vacation to recover from my vacation" kind of way. This isn't your typical sanitized hotel review, folks. This is the real deal, warts and all. Let's dive in, shall we?
First Impressions & Accessibility – Or, the Great Elevator Quest
Getting there? Relatively painless. Airport transfer? Yep, they do that. And let me tell you, after a long flight, a smooth ride is GOLD. They even offer valet parking, which, for a klutz like me, is a godsend. The car park is free, which is always a bonus.
Accessibility: Now, this is where things get a little messy. They claim to have facilities for disabled guests, and the elevator is definitely a lifesaver (especially since I'm prone to overdoing it on the buffet!). However, navigating the hotel felt a bit like a treasure hunt sometimes. The signage wasn't always crystal clear, and I occasionally found myself wandering down a hallway, wondering if I'd accidentally stumbled into a staff-only area. But overall, it's mostly accessible. Just be prepared to potentially ask for directions.
Inside the Fortress: Rooms & Amenities – The Battle of the Blackout Curtains
My room? Ah, my room. Let's start with the good: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And it actually worked. I could stream my shows, post embarrassing selfies, and generally stay connected to the outside world. Essential. You also get air conditioning, a safe box, and a refrigerator – all the basics.
The Blackout Curtains: Okay, these things were serious. Like, "I could sleep through a nuclear apocalypse" serious. I'm a light sleeper, and they were amazing. But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?)… the room was too dark. I'd wake up, disoriented, wondering if it was still yesterday. Maybe a slightly less intense option?
Bathroom Bliss (and Minor Annoyances): Bathtub? Check. Separate shower/bathtub? Check. Complimentary toiletries? Check. I loved the little touches like the bathrobes and slippers. Felt instantly pampered. The only minor quibble? The bathroom phone. Seriously? Who uses those anymore?
And the rest: They have non-smoking rooms, which is fantastic. Interconnecting rooms are available for families. They even had an extra-long bed - perfect for stretching out after a day of onsen hopping.
Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Safe (Almost)
Alright, this is a big one, especially these days. The Keikyuhotel seems to take safety seriously. They have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside the property, and 24-hour security. They also highlight their commitment to hygiene: daily disinfection in common areas, individually-wrapped food options, hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff trained in safety protocol. Room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch.
I saw staff regularly cleaning and disinfecting. They also used anti-viral cleaning products – always a plus.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Buffet Bonanza!
Okay, let's talk food. This is where the Keikyuhotel really shines. The buffet restaurant is an absolute experience. I mean, the sheer variety! Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, international cuisine, Asian cuisine, desserts, salad, soup… My plate looked like a miniature United Nations summit by the end of each meal.
The Buffet: A Love-Hate Relationship: The buffet was a glorious, carb-filled explosion. I may have gained five pounds. Okay, maybe more. But the food was generally tasty, and I loved trying new things. The coffee/tea in the restaurant was decent, and the bottle of water they provided in the room was a lifesaver.
Other Options: They have a bar and a coffee shop, but I mostly stuck to the buffet. They also had a snack bar and a poolside bar, but I was too busy stuffing my face to explore those. Room service [24-hour]? Yes, please!
The Spa & Relaxation Zone: Steamrooms, Saunas, and the Pursuit of Zen
This is where the Keikyuhotel really nails it. The spa is incredible. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I achieved nirvana in the sauna. They have a pool with a view, a steamroom, and offer massages, body scrubs, and body wraps.
My Spa Experience: A Moment of Bliss (and Mild Panic): I booked a massage. It was divine. The therapist was incredibly skilled, and I felt all my stress melt away. Then, I decided to try the sauna. Now, I'm not a regular sauna-goer. I got in, felt the heat, and thought, "This is nice." Then, a few minutes later, I started to panic. I'm not sure why. Maybe I was just overwhelmed by the sheer level of relaxation. I almost bolted out, but I stuck it out. And, you know what? I survived. And now I'm a sauna convert.
Things to Do – Beyond the Buffet
Okay, so besides stuffing my face and sweating in a sauna, what else is there to do? Well, the Keikyuhotel is located in a beautiful area. They've got a shrine on-site. There's a fitness center (which I glimpsed from afar, looking suitably intimidated). They even have a foot bath!
The Hotel's Quirky Offerings: They also offer audio-visual equipment for special events and meeting/banquet facilities, if you're into that sort of thing. They have a gift/souvenir shop and a convenience store.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
They offer the usual suspects: daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, concierge, luggage storage, and currency exchange. They also have cash withdrawal facilities. They even have a doctor/nurse on call, which is reassuring (especially after my sauna experience).
For the Kids – Family-Friendly Fun
They are family/child friendly and offer babysitting service and kids facilities.
The Quirks and Imperfections – Because Nothing is Perfect
Okay, let's be real. No hotel is perfect. Here are a few things that could be improved:
- Signage: As mentioned before, a little clearer signage would be helpful.
- The Elevator Quest: While accessible, it felt a little clunky at times.
- More Vegan Options: While the buffet had a good variety, more specifically labeled vegan options would be great.
- The Bathroom Phone: Seriously, ditch it.
The Verdict – Should You Go? YES!
Despite the minor imperfections, the Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel is a fantastic choice. It's a great value for money. The spa is amazing, the food is plentiful, and the location is beautiful. It's perfect for a relaxing getaway, a romantic escape, or even a solo adventure (like mine!).
My Emotional Reaction: I left feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and slightly… plumper. But in a good way! I’d definitely recommend it!
SEO-Friendly Offer – Book Your Unforgettable Izu Escape Today!
Tired of the same old vacation? Yearning for a truly unforgettable experience?
Unbelievable Izu Escape: Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel Awaits!
Imagine:
- Soaking in a traditional onsen (hot spring) with breathtaking views.
- Indulging in a gourmet buffet overflowing with delicious Asian and international cuisine.
- Pampering yourself with a rejuvenating spa treatment, from massages to body wraps.
- Exploring the stunning natural beauty of the Izu Peninsula.
- Relaxing in your comfortable room with Free Wi-Fi!
The Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel offers all this and more!
Here's what makes us unique:
- Unbeatable Value: Experience luxury without breaking the bank.
- Accessibility: We strive to make your stay comfortable and convenient with facilities for disabled guests and an elevator.
- Safety First: We're committed to your well-being with enhanced hygiene protocols, including daily disinfection, hand sanitizer stations, and trained staff.
- Culinary Delights: From our extensive buffet to our delicious a la carte options, we have something to satisfy every palate.
- Relaxation & Rejuvenation: Unwind in our spa, featuring a sauna, steamroom, and a pool with a view.
**Book your stay at the Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel today and experience the
Jaw-Dropping JAPAVISTA Aqua Osaka: Japan's Underwater Paradise Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travelogue. This is the REAL DEAL: my potential (and probably slightly disastrous) trip to Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel in Izu, Japan. Prepare for a rollercoaster of onsen bliss, questionable karaoke choices, and the inevitable existential dread that comes with being alone in a foreign country. Here we go…
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Onsen Anticipation (and My Luggage's Potential Betrayal)
- 10:00 AM: The flight. Ugh. The flight. I'm already picturing the cramped seats, the questionable airplane food, and the desperate attempts to sleep while the screaming toddler in row 2 thinks my head is a drum. Pray for me. And pray for my luggage, which has a history of taking unscheduled vacations to places like "Lost Luggage Purgatory."
- 5:00 PM (ish) (Japan Time): Finally! Assuming my luggage and I are reunited, I arrive at Keikyuhotel. The website pictures are gorgeous, all shimmering water and serene smiles. I’m picturing myself, already in a yukata, floating in an outdoor onsen under a starry sky. I’m also picturing myself tripping over my own feet and faceplanting directly into the aforementioned serene water. (It could happen.)
- 6:00 PM: Check-in. Hopefully, the staff speaks some English. My Japanese consists of "Kon'nichiwa," "Arigato," and the desperate plea for help "Sukoshi wakarimasen" (I don't understand). This could be a language barrier comedy goldmine…or a disaster.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Oh, the dinner. I'm a foodie, and I'm salivating at the prospect of authentic Japanese cuisine. I'm hoping for some delicate sushi, maybe some tempura, and definitely a lot of sake. But the reality is, I have a track record of ordering things I can't pronounce and ending up with something resembling a sea creature's internal organs. Fingers crossed!
- 8:30 PM: THE ON SEN! Okay, deep breaths. This is the moment. The reason I booked this trip. I'm a little shy about being naked in front of strangers, but I will push through it. I'm told it's the ultimate relaxation. I'm envisioning a total zen experience. I hope I don’t accidentally make eye contact with anyone. Or, worse, slip on a wet floor.
Day 2: The Mountain, the Karaoke, and the Existential Crisis
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Hopefully, it's not too "fishy." I'm not great with breakfast fish. Maybe some rice, miso soup, and a little something familiar, like…toast? (Don't judge me.)
- 9:00 AM: Exploring the area. I’m going to try and visit a local area, Izu Panorama Park, for a gondola ride. I’m not great with heights, but the views are supposed to be spectacular. I’m hoping I don’t spend the entire ride gripping the handrails and hyperventilating.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Finding a decent, affordable lunch spot. This is where my limited Japanese will be tested. I'll probably end up pointing at pictures and hoping for the best. I'll try to order something other than "the usual" (aka, whatever I recognize).
- 2:00 PM: The Karaoke. Oh, GOD, the karaoke. I've heard there's a karaoke bar nearby. I'm usually a closet karaoke enthusiast, but after a few drinks, I become a full-blown, off-key, air-guitar-wielding MACHINE. This could be epic, or it could be a complete and utter embarrassment. Pray for the locals. Pray for me. Especially pray for my vocal cords.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel. More onsen time! This is the best part, right? A second chance at serenity. Or, a second chance to accidentally splash someone.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner, again. This time, I’ll try to be more adventurous with my food choices. Maybe I'll ask the waiter for a recommendation. Or, maybe I'll just point at the prettiest-looking dish.
- 8:30 PM: The existential crisis. Alone in a foreign country, surrounded by beauty and tranquility, and suddenly, I’m overwhelmed by the meaninglessness of it all. This is where the sake comes in.
Day 3: Souvenirs, Departure, and Post-Trip Depression
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. One last breakfast, hopefully, it's the best one yet.
- 10:00 AM: Souvenir shopping. Gotta buy some gifts for the folks back home. I'll probably end up with a collection of weird, novelty items that nobody actually wants. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
- 12:00 PM: Check-out. Saying goodbye to my little slice of paradise. I'll probably be sad to leave.
- 1:00 PM: Travel to the airport. The long journey home begins.
- 7:00 PM (ish) (Back Home Time): The return flight. I'll spend the flight trying to process everything I’ve experienced.
- 10:00 PM: Post-trip depression sets in. The food, the onsen, the karaoke mishaps… it's all over. I'll start planning my next trip immediately. Because let's be honest, I'm already addicted.
Quirks, Rambles, and Random Thoughts:
- The Language Barrier: I'm fully prepared to get lost, confused, and make a complete fool of myself. That's part of the adventure, right? Right?!
- The Onsen Anxiety: Will I accidentally expose myself? Will I accidentally splash someone? Will I accidentally fall asleep and snore? The possibilities are endless.
- The Karaoke Conundrum: I might be drunk and singing horribly. I might make new friends. I might be asked to leave. It's a gamble.
- The Food Obsession: I’m going to eat EVERYTHING. Seriously. EVERYTHING.
- The Loneliness Factor: Traveling alone is a mixed bag. Freedom, yes. But also, the constant awareness of being alone. Bring on the sake!
- The Emotional Rollercoaster: I’m anticipating moments of pure bliss, moments of utter panic, and everything in between. It's going to be messy, it's going to be real, and it's going to be me.
So there you have it. My potential, messy, imperfect, and hopefully hilarious trip to Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. And if you happen to be in the area, maybe catch my karaoke performance. Just, you know, bring earplugs.
Escape to St. Louis: Drury Inn's Unbeatable Fairview Heights Getaway!
Unbelievable Izu Escape: Izunagaokaonsen Keikyuhotel Awaits! - ...Or Does It? (FAQ-ish Thing)
So, Keikyu Hotel in Izunagaokaonsen... Is it actually 'unbelievable'? Because my expectations are, like, sky-high right now. (And also, I need a good vacation. Desperately.)
Alright, alright, settle down. "Unbelievable" is a strong word, isn't it? Marketing, you know? The truth? It's... complicated. I went. I saw. I ate. I soaked. And I'm still processing. Look, the *idea* of it – traditional onsen experience, breathtaking views of Mount Fuji (if you're lucky!), delicious food... yeah, that's the dream, right? The reality? Well, let's just say it's a little... *less* perfect. My first impression? The lobby was grand, seriously. Marble floors, elegant furniture, the whole shebang. But then I saw the *other* guests. Bless their hearts, they were mostly older Japanese couples, and me? Well, I felt like a slightly lost, slightly overdressed flamingo amidst a flock of elegant swans. Awkward, but charming in its own way.
Okay, let's talk rooms. Are they worth the price? Because those Japanese hotels can be… compact. And I'm not exactly a minimalist.
Room-wise? Depends. I sprung for the "Fuji View" room, because, hello, Mount Fuji! And when the clouds *finally* parted, it was… stunning. Seriously. The view alone almost made the price tag worth it. *Almost*. The room itself? Nice enough. Traditional-ish, with tatami mats, sliding doors, and a small seating area. BUT! And this is a big but… the bathroom was tiny. Like, seriously, if I sneezed wrong, I'd probably knock over the shampoo. And the air conditioning? Let's just say it was… temperamental. One minute I was freezing, the next I was sweating. So, yeah, mixed bag. The view *saved* it, though. Seriously, that mountain...
The Onsen! Tell me *everything* about the onsen! That's the whole point, right? Did you achieve zen? Did you have a spiritual awakening? Did you see a ghost? (Okay, maybe not that last one, but you get the idea.)
The onsen… ah, the onsen. Okay, let's be honest. The onsen was probably the best part. The outdoor bath, especially. Picture this: steaming water, the crisp mountain air, and… well, usually the view of the sky, because, as mentioned, the Fuji-san wasn't exactly showing off. But even without the mountain, it was glorious. The water was so hot! So relaxing! I spent hours in there, just… letting go. I *did* almost have a spiritual awakening, I swear. Until a tiny, elderly woman with a *very* serious face started giving me the stink eye for, I don't know, splashing too much or something. Suddenly, zen evaporated. It was replaced by a frantic search for the perfect onsen etiquette. But yeah, the onsen? Definitely worth it. Just, you know, watch out for the grannies. They take it *very* seriously.
Food! Japanese food is life. Was the food at the Keikyu Hotel a culinary masterpiece, or just… hotel food? (Be honest, I can take it.)
Okay, so the food. This is where things get… interesting. The dinner was a multi-course affair, traditional Kaiseki. Beautifully presented, with tiny, intricate dishes. The problem? I'm a notoriously picky eater. I tried the raw fish. I tried the little pickled things. Some of it was amazing, some of it… not so much. I ended up mostly eating the rice and the miso soup, which, admittedly, were fantastic. The breakfast buffet, however, was a different story. A glorious spread of everything imaginable. Japanese breakfast staples, Western options… It was heaven! I may or may not have eaten three plates of bacon. Don't judge me. So, overall? The food experience was a bit of a rollercoaster. Some highs, some lows. But that breakfast? Pure gold.
Let's talk about the location. Is it easy to get to? Is there anything to *do* besides soak in the onsen?
Getting there? Relatively easy. Train from Tokyo, then a shuttle bus. The journey is scenic. The area itself? Izunagaokaonsen is a small town. Lots of onsen, of course. Some shops. Not a ton of nightlife. Honestly? It's the perfect place to disconnect and relax. Though, I did get a little stir-crazy after a few days. If you're the type who needs constant stimulation, this might not be the place for you. I, however, reveled in the quiet. I walked around, explored the local area, and generally just chilled. It was exactly what I needed, even if I needed a *little* bit of a push to get there.
So, the big question: Would you go back? (And would you recommend it?)
Would I go back? Hmm… That's a tough one. Honestly? Probably. Despite the imperfections – the tiny bathroom, the fickle air conditioning, the occasionally challenging food – there was something magical about the place. The onsen was incredible. The view (when it showed up!) was breathtaking. The overall atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing. If you're looking for a luxurious, flawless experience, maybe look elsewhere. But if you're seeking a genuine, slightly quirky, and ultimately rewarding Japanese onsen experience… then, yeah, I'd recommend it. Just go in with realistic expectations, a sense of humor, and a healthy respect for the onsen etiquette. And maybe pack some snacks, just in case. You know, for the picky eaters.
Okay, one more thing… What was the weirdest thing that happened? Spill the tea!
The weirdest thing? Oh, man, where do I even begin? Okay, so, picture this: I'm in the outdoor onsen, blissfully soaking, when I suddenly realize… I'm the only one there. Literally. The sun is setting, the air is cooling, and I'm completely alone. Peaceful, right? Wrong. Suddenly, a tiny, *naked* man, probably in his seventies, pops his head over the edge of the bath. He looks at me, smiles, and then… starts singing. In Japanese. I have no idea what he was singing, but it was loud, off-key, and utterly bizarre. I froze. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or run screaming. He finished his song, gave me a little bow, and then… disappeared. Just vanished. It was like something out of a Miyazaki movie. I'm still not entirely sure it actually happened. But yeah, that was the weirdest thing. And honestly? It's one of the reasons I’d go back. You just never know what kind of adventures await you at the Keikyu Hotel!

