
Escape to Paradise: Wilcon Guesthouse, Siquijor's Hidden Gem
Escape to Paradise: Wilcon Guesthouse, Siquijor – My Honest (and Slightly Rambling) Take
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to spill the beans on Escape to Paradise: Wilcon Guesthouse in Siquijor. Forget those polished, perfectly curated travel blogs – this is the real deal. Think raw honesty, a dash of chaos, and hopefully, enough insight to help you decide if this hidden gem is actually your cup of tea (or, you know, your cocktail by the pool).
First off, let's get the basics out of the way. Accessibility? Well, I'm not an expert, so I'll be blunt. The website doesn’t scream "wheelchair-friendly." But! I’m reading between the lines and I can tell you that there are Facilities for disabled guests. Now, that doesn't mean it's perfect, but it's a start. Elevator: I’m guessing there's not one, but hey, maybe the staff are super helpful? Worth a call to double-check if accessibility is a must-have.
Internet? Oh, the Internet. Because let's face it, we're all addicted. Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms! (Big plus). And Wi-Fi in public areas. They even have Internet [LAN] – for the old-school gamers among us. I spent a good chunk of my trip updating my Instagram, so the Wi-Fi was a lifesaver.
Cleanliness and Safety: This is where Wilcon REALLY shines. Especially post-pandemic, right? They take it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services… it's like a germophobe's dream come true! They even have hand sanitizer everywhere! I saw a staff member constantly cleaning the pool area – a good sign. They also have staff trained in safety protocol, doctor/nurse on call, and a first aid kit. Seriously, it's reassuring. I actually felt safer there than I do sometimes in my own house.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Foodie's Delight (Mostly). Okay, so here's where things get a little… messy. They have restaurants, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop. Breakfast [buffet] is available, and they offer Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. I opted for the Western, because, well, bacon. It was decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but the coffee was strong (essential!). They also offer a la carte in restaurant, alternative meal arrangement, and breakfast service in your room.
I spent a good chunk of time at the poolside bar, mostly because the pool view is just chef’s kiss (more on that later). They make a mean margarita, but sometimes the service was a tad slow. But hey, you're on island time, right? Just breathe, order another drink, and enjoy the view. There's also a snack bar, which is perfect for those mid-afternoon cravings.
They have international cuisine in restaurant, which sounded promising, but I found myself sticking mostly to the basics. Maybe I'm just a creature of habit, or maybe I was too busy staring at the ocean.
Relaxation and Things to Do: The Real Paradise. This is where Wilcon truly earns its "Escape to Paradise" moniker. The swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning. And the pool with view? Forget about it. I'm talking Instagram-worthy sunsets, cocktails, and blissful relaxation. I spent hours floating around, just staring at the horizon. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
Now, they also have a spa/sauna, and offer massage, body scrub, and body wrap. I indulged in a massage, and let me tell you, it was divine. I walked in stressed and tight, and floated out feeling like a new person. Seriously, book a massage. You won’t regret it.
The fitness center is, well, it exists. I peeked in once, but let's just say my idea of a workout involves walking to the bar and back. But for those of you who like to burn calories, it's there!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter. They have all the basics: daily housekeeping, laundry service, luggage storage, and currency exchange. They even have a gift/souvenir shop, which is handy for grabbing last-minute presents. Air conditioning in public area is a godsend.
For the Kids: Family/child friendly, and there's babysitting service, and kids meal available. So, if you’re travelling with your little ones, this is a great option.
Getting Around: They offer airport transfer, car park [free of charge], and taxi service. Very convenient.
Available in All Rooms: Okay, let’s dive into the rooms. They are pretty well-equipped. You'll find air conditioning, complimentary tea and coffee maker, complimentary bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, minibar, private bathroom, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, and towels. They are clean, comfortable, and perfect for crashing after a day of exploring or lounging by the pool.
My One Specific Experience (and Why It's So Important): The Sunset and the Pool. Okay, so this is where things get personal. One evening, I was sitting at the poolside bar, nursing a margarita, and watching the sunset. The sky exploded with color – oranges, pinks, purples – and the water in the pool shimmered like liquid gold. It was one of those moments that just… takes your breath away. I felt completely and utterly at peace. No work, no worries, just pure, unadulterated joy. And that, my friends, is what "Escape to Paradise" is all about. That moment alone made the whole trip worthwhile. This is why you need to book.
The Imperfections (Because Let's Be Real):
- Service can be a little slow at times. Island time, remember?
- The food isn't Michelin-star quality. It's good, solid, and filling.
- It's not super luxurious. But it's comfortable and charming.
So, Should You Book?
Absolutely. Yes. Definitely. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway in a beautiful setting, with clean and safe facilities, and a killer pool with a view, Wilcon Guesthouse is a fantastic choice. It's not perfect, but it's real. It's honest. And it's a place where you can truly escape and recharge.
Here's the deal:
Tired of the same old vacation routine? Craving a getaway that's both safe and unforgettable? Escape to Paradise at Wilcon Guesthouse in Siquijor!
Imagine this:
- Waking up in a clean, comfortable room with FREE Wi-Fi. (Yes, you can still update your Insta!)
- Indulging in a relaxing massage at the spa.
- Sipping cocktails by the stunning pool, watching the sunset paint the sky with breathtaking colors. (Trust me, it's even better than it sounds!)
- Feeling safe and secure with top-notch hygiene and safety protocols.
- Exploring the magical island of Siquijor, known for its pristine beaches and mystical charm.
For a limited time, we're offering a special package that includes:
- Complimentary welcome drinks upon arrival.
- A discount on a signature massage at our spa.
- Free access to our pool and fitness center.
- And a guaranteed unforgettable experience!
Don't miss out on this chance to escape to paradise! Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Wilcon Guesthouse today! Click the link below and let the adventure begin!
(Link to Booking Website)
P.S. - I’m already planning my return trip. You should too!
Bali's Lapis Lazuli Villa: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the inside scoop on my Siquijor adventure at Wilcon Guest House – The Charming Hotel. Charming? We'll see about that, but I'm ready to be charmed. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-planned itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, probably-slightly-hungover truth.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Scooter of Doom
- Morning (or What Passes for Morning After a 3 AM Ferry): Arrived in Siquijor. The ferry ride? Let's just say I'm pretty sure I saw a sea serpent. Or maybe it was just the blurry remnants of a bad mango smoothie. Anyway, disembarked, felt the tropical humidity hit me like a warm, wet hug, and immediately started sweating. First impressions: Siquijor is hot.
- Finding Wilcon (with a Side of Existential Dread): The tricycle ride to Wilcon was… scenic. Which is code for "the road was bumpy and I questioned all my life choices." Found the hotel, and it’s cute, I’ll give it that. Check-in was smooth enough, although the receptionist seemed to be perpetually on the verge of a nap. I get it, sister. We're all tired. Settled into my room. It's…clean! Score!
- The Scooter Saga Begins: Now, the real adventure. I rented a scooter. I haven’t driven a scooter since… well, let’s just say it's been a while. Armed with a helmet that looked like it had seen better decades, I set off. The first ten minutes were terrifying. I swear, I almost drove into a flock of chickens. They didn't seem to care. They were living their best chicken lives. I, on the other hand, was clinging to the handlebars for dear life.
- First Impressions of the Island: The island is gorgeous. Truly. Lush green, turquoise water, and the air smells of the sea and something… floral? I’m still not sure what it is, but it’s addictive. I drove around for hours, slowly getting more comfortable (but not necessarily good) on the scooter. Found some empty beaches, felt the sun on my face, and actually smiled. Maybe this trip won't be a total disaster after all.
- Dinner at the Beachside (and a Near-Disaster): Found a cute little beachside restaurant. Ordered the grilled fish. It was delicious. Ate it while watching the sunset. It was breathtaking. Then, disaster struck. I tried to back the scooter up. Let's just say I ended up in a patch of sand. Upside? I met some locals who helped me get it out. Downside? My ego is bruised.
Day 2: Waterfalls, Witchcraft, and Questionable Decisions
- Morning: The Waterfall of Wonder (and My Bad Knees): Today's mission: Cambugahay Falls. The photos looked amazing. The reality? Even better. The water was crystal clear, the falls cascaded perfectly, and the rope swings were calling my name. I swung. I laughed. I almost died (again). The stairs down to the falls were a killer, though. My knees are screaming. Note to self: invest in better hiking shoes. And maybe some knee braces.
- Lunch and a Moment of Zen (or Attempted Zen): Found a little warung (small, local eatery) and had some delicious adobo. Sat there, listening to the birds and the gentle lapping of the waves, and tried to achieve a state of blissful serenity. Failed. Mostly because I kept thinking about the scooter.
- Afternoon: The Island of Magic (and My Skepticism): Siquijor is known for its mysticism and witchcraft. So, naturally, I had to check it out. Visited a "healing" spot. Saw some interesting things. Smelled some interesting smells. Came away… unsure. I'm a skeptic at heart, but there was something undeniably different about the place. Maybe it was the intense humidity. Maybe it was the unsettlingly calm demeanor of the local "healer." Or maybe it was just the overwhelming urge to buy a souvenir…
- Evening: The Beach Bar and the Karaoke Curse: Decided to embrace the island vibes and hit up a beach bar. Cocktails. Sunsets. Good music. Then, the karaoke machine emerged. Uh oh. Now, I can't sing to save my life. But after a few (okay, several) drinks, I was convinced I was the next Beyoncé. I subjected everyone to my rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody." Apologies to anyone who was within earshot. The karaoke curse is real.
Day 3: Turtle Sanctuaries, Snorkelling, and the Reality of Being a Tourist
- Morning: The Turtle Sanctuary (and My Guilt): Visited a turtle sanctuary. The little turtles were adorable. Felt a pang of guilt for all the plastic I've ever used. Made a mental note to be a better human.
- Snorkelling: Tried snorkelling. The water was warm, the fish were colourful, and I swallowed half the ocean. Still worth it. Saw a sea turtle! Amazing!
- The Tourist Trap: I know I'm a tourist. I get it. But sometimes, it just feels… gross. I saw a group of people on a tour bus, taking photos of everything, talking loudly, and generally being… well, annoying. It made me feel self-conscious about being a tourist myself. Then, I realized, I was probably just as annoying to someone else.
- Afternoon: Relaxation and Reflection (Maybe): Back to Wilcon to relax. Maybe read a book. Maybe write in my journal. Probably just stare at the ceiling and contemplate the meaning of life.
- Evening: The Final Dinner (and the Scooter’s Last Stand): One last dinner at the beach. One last sunset. One last attempt to master the scooter. I actually managed to park it without incident! A small victory. Then I tried to leave… and the scooter wouldn't start. Flat battery. The scooter gods are laughing.
Day 4: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Farewell.
- Morning: Ferry Departure: Got to the ferry. Said goodbye to Siquijor.
- Final Thoughts: Siquijor is a beautiful, chaotic, and slightly bewildering place. It’s full of magic, but also reality. It's a place where you can feel both exhilarated and exhausted. It's a place where you can laugh, cry, and nearly kill yourself on a scooter all in the same day. Wilcon was a good base. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the location was perfect. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Would I change anything? Maybe invest in a better scooter. And definitely some knee braces.
And that, my friends, is my Siquijor saga. It wasn't perfect. It was messy. It was real. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe some therapy.
Escape to Paradise: Villa Sajuri's Unbeatable Klang Getaway!
So, is "Escape to Paradise" actually…paradise? Or is it just another Instagram filter lie?
Okay, real talk. Paradise is a *massive* claim, right? And let's be honest, Siquijor itself is pretty darn close. But Escape to Paradise? It’s not *perfect* paradise, mind you. Think more…slightly sun-kissed, a little bit salty, and definitely worth the effort to find. The photos? They’re good. But the feeling? That's the kicker. It's the feeling of shedding a layer of the real world and just…being. I remember the first time, I was convinced I’d be eaten alive by mosquitoes. Turns out, they had better things to do than feast on my pale flesh. A little bit of bug spray and all was well, haha!
What's the vibe like at Wilcon Guesthouse? Is it all couples canoodling, or can a solo traveler actually survive?
Oh, the vibe! It’s…chill. Utterly, gloriously chill. I've seen couples, families, groups of friends, and yes, even lone wolves like myself. No one's judging your questionable swimwear choices or how many books you bring. It's super relaxed. The staff is like, the friendliest bunch of humans you’ll ever meet. Seriously, they're like the sun, always smiling and ready to help. The other guests? Mostly cool, happy people. I made some friends there, and we still talk. It's not a party place, thank goodness. It’s more about enjoying the peace, reading a book, and maybe… just maybe… having a beer while watching the sunset. I think I spent an entire afternoon just staring at the ocean, and no one bothered me. Glorious!
The location…is it actually 'hidden'? Because I'm directionally challenged.
Hidden? Well, it's not *right* on the main drag, you know? You'll need to hop on a motorbike (rent one, it’s easy!), grab a tricycle, or ask the staff for a ride. It adds to the charm, I reckon. It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main towns that you can actually *hear* the waves at night. And trust me, the sound of the ocean is the best lullaby ever. I remember getting lost the first time. Google Maps was being a little…uncooperative. But I asked a local, and they pointed me in the right direction with a big smile. That's Siquijor for you. You'll find it. Just embrace the journey, even if it means a few wrong turns. It's part of the adventure!
What's the food situation like? I'm a picky eater, and I get hangry.
Okay, food. This is important. Wilcon has a little restaurant, and the food is GOOD. Really good. They make fresh breakfast every morning. They also have other dishes with local produce, which is amazing. But listen, the *real* star is the grilled fish. Oh. My. God. I'm salivating just thinking about it. Freshly caught, perfectly cooked, and served with a side of rice and some veggies. I think I ate it every single night. I'm not even a huge fish person, but this? This was different. Worth every peso. The only downside? They’re not always open for lunch, so stock up on snacks! I learned that the hard way, when I was hangry and grumpy after a morning of snorkeling. Pack some biscuits, you'll thank me later!
The rooms… are they basic? Luxurious? Somewhere in between? And are the beds comfy? (That's crucial!)
The rooms are… comfortable. Not five-star luxury, but definitely clean, well-maintained, and perfect for a chill getaway. They've got that simple, beachy vibe going on. The beds? Ah, the beds! Okay, I need to gush about this. I'm a total bed snob. I need a good mattress. And these beds? They were amazing. I slept like a baby. Seriously, I’m not sure I’ve ever slept so well. There's something about the sea air and the quiet that just lulls you into a deep sleep. Some rooms have air conditioning, some have fans. Choose accordingly. And if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs, just in case of some early morning roosters. They're part of the charm, but… they can be loud.
What's there to *do* in Siquijor, besides, you know, existing?
Oh, the possibilities! You can snorkel or dive. The reefs are incredible, with vibrant coral and tons of fish. The water is crystal clear. You can swim at the Cambugahay Falls, which is a must-do. Swing from the rope! Get your picture taken! It's touristy, yes, but it's touristy for a reason: it's stunning. You can explore the island by motorbike, which is an adventure in itself. Visit the old Balete Tree, and get a fish spa (it’s weird, but fun!). Go to Salagdoong beach and jump off the cliffs (if you dare!). Honestly, the hardest part is choosing what *not* to do. Remember to pack sunscreen, and drink plenty of water because it gets HOT.
Okay, but *really*… what's the worst thing about Escape to Paradise? Give me the dirt!
Alright, here's the truth bomb. The wifi. It's… spotty. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't. Embrace the digital detox. It forces you to disconnect, and it’s a good thing. I mean, you're there to escape, right? Also, the mosquitos can be a bit of a nuisance, especially at dusk. Bring bug spray. And the other minor thing: you're going to have to leave eventually. That's the worst part, hands down. I was genuinely sad to leave. I wanted to stay forever. I'm already planning my return. That's how good it is. And that’s the honest truth.
I'm on a tight budget. Is Wilcon Guesthouse affordable?
Yes! Absolutely, yes. Siquijor in general is pretty budget-friendly, and Wilcon is no exception. The rooms are reasonably priced, and the food is delicious without breaking the bank. You can easily eat and drink well without spending a fortune. I remember one day, I had the grilled fish, a couple of beers, and a huge breakfast, and the bill wasn't even that bad. It was a pleasant surprise. You can explore the island without needing a superCozy Stay Spots

